Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Windows postion changed after reconnect monitor with Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (26.20.100.6952)

xxm001
Beginner

A dell computer with Intel Core i5 8500 and windows 10 (1903 18362.356) installed , when the monitor cabled is reconnected to computer, the window(not maximinzed ) postion is changed ,it always be moved to the left size of window.

I consider the system resolution may be changed when monitor disconnected.

and on another core i5 4570 computer with same os system, nvidia geforct gt 620 graphics dispaly, there is no such matter.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
АШехо1
Novice

is it possible to attach a screenshot of the error? Correctly understood: when switching problems with positioning? And what kind of monitor? PS: Translated with Google

0 Kudos
xxm001
Beginner

thank you for your kindly reply.

the monitor is a lenovo thinkvision with 1920*1024 pixels.

and I attached two screenshots, the first one is a normal window open on the left size. then disconnect the monitor cable and reconnect it . positon and size of the window are both changed. the 2nd one.

0 Kudos
xxm001
Beginner

the 2nd screenshot

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

xxm001, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, we recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

What is the specific model of the laptop?

What is the specific model of the monitor?

Did you test the Intel® Graphics driver provided by Dell?

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
xxm001
Beginner

Thank you Alberto for your message.

I think I have resolved this problem, may be it's a bug of windows 10 system. Some one have the same issue when monitor is waked up from suspend.

the key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration

using regedit and some entries linke this "SIMULATED_8086_2A42_00000000_00020000_1010100^CDE365D1B3F0942F0CF38BFB8E127AB4" .

under each entry there is a tree called "00", two of the key is

ActiveSize.cx

ActiveSize.cy

the value is set to 1024 and 768

change the value to 1920 and 1024 and it's resolved.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

xxm001, You are very welcome.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear the problem got fixed and now the Windows are properly configured.

Thank you very much also for sharing the solution in the forum, we are sure it will be very helpful for all the peers viewing this thread.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos