Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21094 Discussions

Xe Graphic Cause Lags

Leaf_H
Beginner

When I use iGPU Mode(iGPU to Display),in desktop,play 4K vedio in Internet,or sometimes switch to other software,it's lag and jam.

But I use GPU(RTX) to Display(block Xe iGPU),everything become smooth not lag,even 8K vedio in YouTube.

I wanna know what happened, what cause it and how to solve it,I need Xe in Pr to smoothly play.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Leaf_h,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We know how detrimental it is to your viewing experience when you face lags when watching 4k videos. We will work with you to find out the cause and suggest solutions to eliminate the cause.

Kindly provide the following information that we will use to determine what is causing the problem that you have raised:

1. Did you just recently encounter this behavior or was it like this since day one?

2. What browser are you using to play 4k videos and what sites have you tried?

3. May we know what PR means? Is it an application?

4. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html. To run it, please press "Scan". After the scan is finished, click next and there will be a save button, giving you an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply. You can refer to How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

5. What other software do you experience the problem on?

0 Kudos
Leaf_H
Beginner

Thanks your apply.

Already over half of year

I use Edge(on Bilibili and Youtube),offline 4K vedio  is also lag

Sometimes it feels like any operation becomes laggy,looks like several fps,sometimes it's OK

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Leaf_h,

We appreciate your prompt reply.

Derived from your responses, here are our suggestions:

1.  If the problem did not happen from the start,  does your laptop manufacturer have a support site for drivers? If yes, please install that driver as we recommend to use the drivers released by the manufacturer, as it has all the customizations done by the system manufacturer.

Should you not have that anymore, you can do this to revert to an older driver:

a. Open Device Manager

b. Expand the Display Adapters Section

c. Double click on the Intel Iris driver

d. Go to the “Driver” Tab. Click on “Update Driver”

e.  Click on Browse my Computer for Drivers

f. Then “Let me Pick From a List of Available Drivers on my Computer”

g. On the list box, look for the Intel Iris driver with Microsoft on it or the one which is older from what you have. It may have a date beside it, so select the one which is 5 months or more

2. If that does not resolve the issue, please update to the latest Intel generic driver, 31.0.101.5534.

3. If that results to the same issue, please check your laptop CPU temperature as there may be throttling involved.

4. Lastly, do you have options in your BIOS, or any software installed by the manufacturer that allow you to set the graphics card or the system, to favor performance?

5. Should all the recommendations fail to resolve the issue,  please reach out to your system manufacturer to check for any other updates.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Leaf_h,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Leaf_h,

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. 

We hope that our suggestion for you to coordinate with the manufacturer of your system.

We were waiting for your feedback since it is important for us to give you the right solution on your concern.

As much as we would like to continue assisting you, we need to close it to avoid overwhelming your inbox with notifications. 

We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos