Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Xe graphics products and GVT-g

jcdick1
Beginner

I don't know where else to ask, and I haven't seen this mentioned in any "What we know so far" articles, so I thought I'd ask here.

Does anyone know if the new Xe discrete cards will support GVT-g at the consumer level?  AMD and Nvidia have pretty much restricted SRV-IO/mxGPU and GRID to Enterprise-only solutions (read: Five figures per card or license), but the number of people running some sort of virtualization - be it a Linux OS in VMware Workstation on a Windows host or a Windows guest on a Linux host via Xen/KVM/VirtualBox - is growing all the time now that the underlying technology makes it possible to eliminate "dual boot".  Or have "homelabs" with full virtualization stacks for servers, routers, and media. 

The technology is in all of AMD's chips, but they actually physically fuse it off to prevent consumer use.

I was just wondering if the new Xe cards could be the answer a lot of end users are looking for.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello jcdick1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

The specifications of the new Intel* Discrete Graphics Cards are not available yet.

For information about future releases, we encourage you to visit our Intel Newsroom.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
jcdick1
Beginner

Now that Xe cards have started shipping, is the information available?

If I go to Microcenter or Newegg tomorrow, could I pick up 3 Xe Iris cards, stick them in my homelab machines, be able to use QSV and still live migrate the VM using GVT-g?

0 Kudos