Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Yoga C940 (Intel Iris Plus) - GSOD when try to use HDR

Grokh
Beginner

On the two latest Intel drivers (including 27.20.100.9126), when trying to turn on the HDR mode, the Yoga C940 machine crashes into a green screen indicating the igdkmdn64.sys file.
Windows version 20H2, build 19042.685.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Grokh,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following logs and information to continue with your support request.

1-Please run the following tools and attach the reports generated.  

-Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

•          Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

•          By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

•          Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

•          To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

-DXDIAG 

•          Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 

•          On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 

•          On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 

•          Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

- Intel® Graphics report

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Note: You don’t need to send both just the one coming from the tool you use to configure your graphics.

2-Please answer the following questions so we can have a better understanding of your issue.

-Were you ever able to enable the HDR option without getting this error or is this the first time that you have activated the HDR feature?

- Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?

- Have tried to roll back to a previous driver version for testing?

- Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Grokh
Beginner

Hi, Victor

Thank you for your answer.

Here is my answer.

1. Yes, at the time of the purchase of the computer (September 2020) and until the end of November, the HDR option worked flawlessly.
  2. I did not install any new hardware, the software does not change either, with the exception of Windows and driver updates.
  3. The fact is that the same problem arose on the two previous versions of the video card drivers.
  4. I can't say for sure, because for some time I did not turn on the HDR option. Precisely, there was no problem either on the Windows 20H1 version, or on the 20H2 insider build, which is relevant at the end of September 2020 (I, alas, no longer remember the exact build number). Is the issue related to upgrading to build 19042.685? Perhaps, but alas, I cannot answer this question exactly. ☹

Looking forward to your response.

Sincerely yours,

Arthur

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Grokh,

Please take a look at the following information and let us know if you need anything else.

When it comes to a laptop such as yours and having this type of issue, it is worth mentioning that because the system is an original manufactured one, it comes with a lot of factory customizations that are needed in most scenarios so the system works as it is supposed to; however, we do need to inform you that the drivers that you have been using with it are not customized, they are actually generic versions; therefore, please try to complete a clean installation of the latest OEM(original equipment manufacturer ) customized driver and then test the system with it, if the issue persists please do the same with our latest generic driver and let us know if the issue persists after that.

Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows® 10

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Note: These instructions work with both the customized driver and the generic one.

Latest Lenovo driver

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-c940-14iil/downloads/automatic-driver-update

Note: To find the driver please follow this path Manual Update> Display and Video Graphics> Intel GFX Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) -Yoga C940-14IIL> Download.

Latest generic driver

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30100/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Note: If the installation is unsuccessful with the .exe file, try installing the driver using the .zip file

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Grokh
Beginner

Hi, Victor.

Thank you for your reply. Today it is already midnight, but tomorrow I will try to install the original driver from Lenovo (OEM) "from scratch" and see what happens.
But I must say right away that there was definitely no such problem on Intel drivers of versions 27.20.100.8681 and 27.20.100.8783.
Unfortunately, I can't tell if it appeared with the driver version 27.20.100.8853 or later.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Grokh,

Sometimes it is quite unpredictable for us to determine how is an original manufactured system going to work with our drivers, mostly because manufacturers are in charge of using our drivers as a base for their customized versions and do the testing for their systems; however, we appreciate the feedback and the information you have provided and we will be waiting for your outcome.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Grokh,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Grokh
Beginner

Hi, Victor.

Yes, I check the post before. Sorry, I have now too much job and cannot find enough time for the experience with the drivers. I will try to change the different driver this weekend.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Grokh,

Don’t worry we completely understand, take your time with it, we will be waiting for your outcome.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Grokh,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Grokh,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored 

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Grokh
Beginner

I apologize for my long silence. Was in the hospital for a major open heart surgery.

The problem is solved - on the latest version of the Intel video driver, the HDR mode is enabled / disabled normally, without failures.

0 Kudos