Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

a suitable graphic and Bluetooth drivers for my NUC8i5BEH

odami
Novice

I've recently bought NUC8i5BEh and I cannot install a few drivers downloaded from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=nuc8i5beh :

-Graphic adapter driver, and bluetooth drivers gave me the following results:"the installation package is not supported by this type of processor".

I've also tried with  Intel driver and support assistant, and  automatically the results was the same- even this type of NUC is in the list with devices compatible for drivers downloaded. How to solve this? I still have 7 days to evaluate the product before to return . Its a good one and an amazing product which I want to have it and use it at full of it's capacity with graphic driver too. I've also open a ticket to support, but it takes some time to respond and maybe someone from here help me quiker.Thx

26 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The drivers for your nuc are here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126148/intel-nuc-kit-nuc8i5beh

What version and build of Windows 10 do you have?

If you are NOT on version 1809, update to 1809 and then try installing the drivers.

Doc

0 Kudos
odami
Novice

Yes, that's the page from where I tried to download and install drivers. I have win 10 home edition from 2015.Where can I see info about 1809 or earlier?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Start, Settings, System, About, and go to the bottom of the window.

If you have version 1507, that is your problem. Actually, anything less than 1803 is not supported.

So, if your are less than 1803, go here and get updated.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Now, it is possible that 1507 might not upgrade, which means fresh install of the latest. If so, report back.

Doc

odami
Novice

the version is 1511.Very interesting your answer.I'll update and hope I would be able to install graphics.I'll come back with the answer. Another question please.Usually temperature of all 4 cores is around 35-40 degrees,but when I watch full hd movies it goes to 65-75(sometimes).Is it ok? 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yes, you need to update!

If you need to do a fresh install, here is my procedure:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004Icw2bSAB/problems-with-microsoft-supplied-windows-10-install-media-use-this-procedure-to-install-windows-10-on-your-nuc?language=en_US

However, try just updating from the microsoft link first.

Yes, your temperatures are OK.

Doc

odami
Novice

Thank you for your answers, and I appreciate your experienced help. For the moment I won't update my win 10 home from 1511 version to 1809 or newer, and I am waiting for intel support answer. In each win 10 version, processor type is the same , so I don't think/imagine how an update will eliminate the processor incompatibility type. Sincerely I'd prefer to use old win 10 versions ..I'm from old school...😀

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Very entertaining response. Unfortunately, not rooted in reality.

Intel's drivers are designed for the latest versions of Windows 10 and will not work with​ early versions. The confusion is caused by the fact that this error message is seemingly used as a catch-all for all sorts of error conditions. Regardless, if you want your issue resolved, you need to upgrade. There is no other solution.

...S

odami
Novice

I understand now.Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
odami
Novice

My old win 10 version 1511 which entertained you worked ok except graphics and bluetooth.The sound was amazing. Now I've proceeded to your advices but no positive results:

I reinstalled win 10 home(last version) using mediacreationtool 64. After that, first I installed chipset_win10_10.1.15.3 and ME_Consumer_Win10_64_1909.12.0.1236. It were ok. I restart the system and then:

I couldn't install LAN_WIN10_64_23.5.2 drivers because I got the message:"Cannot install drivers.No intel adapters are present in the computer."

I installed BT_WIN10_64_20.120.2, but no wireless connection available even after system restart or even I connect a new wireless adapter. So I couldn't go further to install Intel assistent for other drivers.

I tried to come back to first installation with win 10 version 1511 but no chance:no network adapters was found...my old way has definitely gone.😏

Neither graphics drivers was more lucky. I got the same message from the beginning:...this processor type is not supported...for version GFX_WIN10_64_25.20.100.6519

Can be solved this problem or should I give back the product?I've already done a product return request, because I didn't find another viable solution neither from Intel support.

Huge efforts for this small product.😠

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The Bluetooth capability relies on the same send/receive hardware as the Wireless capability. If the Wireless capability is not working - and indeed this seems to be the case from your response - then Bluetooth is not going to work (either). You may have no alternative other than to have Intel replace the entire unit via their RMA process.

...S

0 Kudos
odami
Novice

AlHill I've noticed your message a litle bit later, so I did all the steps except I deleted all partition used by win 10(a big one and another 3 small(100MB,...)-for operating system) and then I formated system partition before install the system.Win 10 display again all 3 partitions. I don't think is an important mistake, and I don't want to repeat all the procedure. Thank you anyway.

In my last try before gave up, I reinstalled win 10 home (last version), and I succeded to install network and wifi drivers using this link:https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004IvVEzSAN/nuc8i7bek-wifi-problem.

With and without Intel driver assistant, graphic driver(the last one) gave me the same result like my old win 10 ver1511:"the installation package is not supported by this type of processor". I cannot understand and imagine how up to date driver and up to date win 10 can give me results like this....Is this a frequent and unsolved issue?

Any clue before quit?Thx

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

My instructions were very detailed, especially Step 10 where it says "DO NOT FORMAT...".

If you cannot follow instructions, I cannot help you.

How can win 10 give results like this? Simple, when PBKAC.

I am no longer following this thread.

Doc

ONE LAST RESPONSE. You edited your post. Here is what you said originally:

"AlHill I've noticed your message and I did all the steps except I formated partition before install win 10. I don't think is an important mistake, and I don't want to repeat all the procedure. Thank you anyway."

0 Kudos
odami
Novice

ok, sorry for yesterday but I was really too tired to start again.Please do not upset to me.... I did it now. I followed all your steps but I get the same results at graphic card:

"the installation package is not supported by this type of processor"

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @odami​ 

Before I'll may help you, please download Intel System Support Utility (SSU), run system scan on your NUC and save the generated report. Next, please attach the SSU report to your post.

Leon

0 Kudos
odami
Novice

Hello LWAKSMAN,

Please find attached my SSU report. Thank you for help me...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You did not follow the instructions, again. You are still on version 1507. It has been explained to you, and you said you understood, that you have to be on the current version, which is clearly defined in my procedure.

Why did you not make a usb stick with the current version of windows?

If your paranoia of security and such stops you from being current, there is nothing that can be done to help you.

Doc

odami
Novice

OMG I think you have right. The dealer from where I bought win 10 home send at my request an old media creation tool-from 2015, even I asked her to send me one for the last win 10 version. Now I downloaded the last media creation from microsoft and start again. Come back with the answer.Sorry for my mistake. I didn't know that MCT has more versions...I thought is like rufus and install last version...

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Al, that is the reason that I asked for SSU report.😄

@odami, if after installing the Windows 10 1809, you have still problems, please attach again the SSU report.

Leon

0 Kudos
odami
Novice

I installed the newest version and it works perfectly everything. I apologize I was stupid....

Many thanks for your patience and support.

0 Kudos