Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

advance protected audio/video (GPU) Error when running Powerdvd 18 for 4K -UHD disc

GCago
Beginner

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
GCago , Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system: What is the model of the motherboard? If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? Is this a new computer? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? Was it working fine before? When did the issue start? Which Windows* version are you using? What is the error message that you are getting, do you have the option to perhaps provide a screenshot? This problem, does it happen with all the 4K videos or just with some of them? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GCago
Beginner
Hi Alberto,I have attached the type of computer I have and my problem: M/B MSI Z370 Gaming M5DesktopThis is my first issue with problemNo software changesAdded a external 4K UHD player by LITEONUsing windows 10 ProError only happens when I play Power DVD 18 4K UHD, plays Blu-ray just fine.Error: Advance Protected Audio/Video path (GPU) See attached screen shots and reports: Hope you have a solution for this, seems like a problem for others. Thanks,Gil -----------------------------------------From: "Intel Forums" To: "mg.cag@roadrunner.com" Cc: Sent: Wednesday March 27 2019 9:51:36AM Subject: Alberto R answered you: advance protected audio/video (GPU) Error when running Powerdvd 18 for 4K -UHD disc GCago , Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system: What is the model of the motherboard? If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? Is this a new computer? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? Was it working fine before? When did the issue start? Which Windows* version are you using? What is the error message that you are getting, do you have the option to perhaps provide a screenshot? This problem, does it happen with all the 4K videos or just with some of them? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation [1] Alberto R [2] (Intel) GCago , Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system: What is the model of the motherboard? If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? Is this a new computer? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? Was it working fine before? When did the issue start? Which Windows* version are you using? What is the error message that you are getting, do you have the option to perhaps provide a screenshot? This problem, does it happen with all the 4K videos or just with some of them? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation View/Answer [4] or REPLY TO THIS EMAIL REPLYING TO [5] GCago [6] (Customer) asked a question. Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:48 PM [7] advance protected audio/video (GPU) Error when running Powerdvd 18 for 4K -UHD disc [8] Alberto R [9] (Intel) GCago , Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system: What is the model of the motherboard? If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? Is this a new computer? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? Was it working fine before? When did the issue start? Which Windows* version are you using? What is the error message that you are getting, do you have the option to perhaps provide a screenshot? This problem, does it happen with all the 4K videos or just with some of them? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation Wednesday, March 27, 2019 9:51 AM [10] You're receiving emails when someone "Comments on my posts." To change or turn off Forums email, log in [11] as 300002144439@intel.com.isvc. Are notifications about this post getting annoying? Reply to this email with the word " mute ". For Privacy and Legal notices, please visit these links: http://www.intel.com/privacy, [12] https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/legal/terms-of-use.html. [13] Links:
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
GCago , Thank you for providing those details. We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. I looked in MSI's web site and the latest Intel® Graphics driver available is version 25.20.100.6471, look under VGA drivers to install it: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z370-GAMING-M5#down-driver&Win10%2064 What is the model of the processor? Are you using an external video card? Could you please try to save a 4K video locally in your hard drive and then try to play it to verify if the problem remains? Please provide the SSU report for us to be able to check some details about the components in your system: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GCago
Beginner
The movie will not play because it is a 4K UHD that I purchased and will not play.the drivers are already up to date Intel I7-8086 see attached -----------------------------------------From: "Intel Forums" To: "mg.cag@roadrunner.com" Cc: Sent: Thursday March 28 2019 3:57:30PM Subject: Alberto R answered you: advance protected audio/video (GPU) Error when running Powerdvd 18 for 4K -UHD disc GCago , Thank you for providing those details. We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. I looked in MSI's web site and the latest Intel® Graphics driver available is version 25.20.100.6471, look under VGA drivers to install it: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z370-GAMING-M5#down-driver&Win10%2064 [1] What is the model of the processor? Are you using an external video card? Could you please try to save a 4K video locally in your hard drive and then try to play it to verify if the problem remains? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation [2] Alberto R [3] (Intel) GCago , Thank you for providing those details. We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. I looked in MSI's web site and the latest Intel® Graphics driver available is version 25.20.100.6471, look under VGA drivers to install it: [4]https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z370-GAMING-M5#down-driver&Win10%2064 [5] What is the model of the processor? Are you using an external video card? Could you please try to save a 4K video locally in your hard drive and then try to play it to verify if the problem remains? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation View/Answer [7] or REPLY TO THIS EMAIL REPLYING TO [8] GCago [9] (Customer) asked a question. Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:48 PM [10] advance protected audio/video (GPU) Error when running Powerdvd 18 for 4K -UHD disc [11] Alberto R [12] (Intel) GCago , Thank you for providing those details. We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. I looked in MSI's web site and the latest Intel® Graphics driver available is version 25.20.100.6471, look under VGA drivers to install it: [13]https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z370-GAMING-M5#down-driver&Win10%2064 [14] What is the model of the processor? Are you using an external video card? Could you please try to save a 4K video locally in your hard drive and then try to play it to verify if the problem remains? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:57 PM [15] You're receiving emails when someone "Comments on my posts." To change or turn off Forums email, log in [16] as 300002144439@intel.com.isvc. Are notifications about this post getting annoying? Reply to this email with the word " mute ". For Privacy and Legal notices, please visit these links: http://www.intel.com/privacy, [17] https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/legal/terms-of-use.html. [18] Links:
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
GCago , I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
GCago, If you need further assistance, please let us know. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos