Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

blank white dialog boxes in certain software with Intel display drivers

JGohr
Beginner

I'm having an issue where a software program (Docker for Windows) opens dialog boxes that contain nothing but blank white on the Surface Pro 2's screen using Intel video drivers, but when I connect the Surface to an external monitor using Dell drivers, the text and graphics in the dialog box appear fine. Sometimes I can open the dialog box on the surface's screen where it's blank, and drag it to the Dell monitor and the graphics and text will draw on the Dell monitor! This is not a reliable workaround though, since I can't guarantee that I'll have my Dell monitor around if I'm using Docker on the laptop only.

I think there may be a graphics issue with the Intel drivers. Can anyone advise me on how to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Check Settings, Ease of Access, Color & High Contrast, and see if you are using any High Contrast themes.

If so, set it to NONE.

Also, uninstall and remove Docker for Windows. Does the problem go away? If so, contact the provider of that program.

Doc

0 Kudos
JGohr
Beginner

"None" is selected under Color & high contrast, but thanks for trying to help!

0 Kudos