Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

blurry text with screen resolution

BOMITH
Beginner
I have purchased an LENOVO ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5.

Something is weird with the screen resolution. The default configuration is 1920x1080 and a 150% zoom on screen.
Seems to be fine, but some text or icons on some apps are blurry or very small. For instance interface on kmplayer setup are blurry.
I set the scale and layout to 117% but then everything is too small ...
If I change resolution(scale) into something different than recommended 150% everything becomes either too small or too blurry...

The intel graphics is a Intel HD Graphics 620.
SSU report attach below
I'm getting crazy and can´t understand what's going on or how to solve it. Please advice.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

BOMITH, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Are you using external monitors? If, so please provide the model of them and the video port used to connect them.

In the case external monitors are being used, just to confirm, the problem is showing in any on those external monitors or in the laptop's screen?

Was this problem with the resolution happening before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

In order to make text bigger, leave the display scaling at 100%. Enter Windows Settings Easy of Access> Display and drag the slider until text is easy to read.

Leon