Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

can a Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 support two FHD monitors?

koopEd
Beginner

My laptop's processor: Intel i5-4210M @2.6GHz

I just bought a new monitor A , it is a IPS/FHD(1920*1080) monitor. The resolution of my laptop screen is also FHD(1920*1080), but not IPS.

My questions is:

Can a Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 support two FHD monitors?

Before A, I used a monitor B, the resolution is 1280*1024, I have never seen B flickers. But after I change to A, A flickers about 1-10 times randomly one day. Each time lasts for about 3 seconds. Only A flickers, my laptop monitor doesn't flicker at all.

I have tried everything to fix, such as changing Hertz, HDMI cables, updating drivers, so none of them works. So I return A and got another one C (which is exactly the same model as A), unfortunately C also flickers.

I wonder if this is the monitor's problem? Or is it because my graphi card can't support 2 FHD monitor? Or is there any possible solutions or guesses? It would be nice if anyone can help me with this problem.. thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

We need more information about your runtime environment. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the tool, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
koopEd
Beginner

I have finished running the program and got the file, however I don't feel really secure to upload this file openly here.
May I ask for an email address or something like that to send the data, thanks..

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Once an Intel Support Agent identifies themself, you can upload it to them using the private messaging capability provided here in the forums. The other alternative is to simply edit the file and remove the identifiable information (serial numbers are NOT needed and the tool shouldn't be including them) so that it can be publicly posted (and volunteers like myself can assist with analysis).

...S

AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @koopEd

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® Core™ i5-4210M Processor and Intel® HD Graphics 4600 have been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Note:

Since we will no longer monitor this thread, you may follow volunteers' suggestions on how to post only the necessary information from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) that is relevant to this request, or you may agree with them on how to share it with them via private methods if you're comfortable with that approach.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos