Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

device had a problem starting(igfxn)

pedro11
Beginner

hello everyone. i have a problem with UHD 770 on core i5 12500. i have a desktop pc and whenever i install intel driver for uhd 770 its get installed without problem but when i see events i see an error like:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4690&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_0C\3&11583659&0&10 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem2.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: igfxn

Lower Filters: 

Upper Filters: 

Problem: 0x0

this error appear no matter what version of intel driver i install or if i install it with intel assistant program or from asus site. i even changed my windows from 11 to 10 but still gets this error. in the device manager and under display it shows uhd 770 works properly. but i kind of see some kind of lags in watching movies. is this error common? this is a new build pc about 3 weeks and the specs are:

z690-a prime asus

2*8gb crucial ddr5 4800mhz

Tv 4k sony x900e

cooler master v850 power supply

Samsung 850 pro ssd

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

pedro11, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

When did you purchase the Intel® processor? (For warranty purposes)

Did you build the PC?

Which video port are you using to connect the monitor/TV?

Are you using adapters or converters to connect the screen to the computer?

Did you ever see this error message on "Event Viewer" before installing the Intel® graphics driver?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides updating the driver that might cause this problem?

You mention "some kind of lags in watching movies", are those movies stored in your local hard drive, or are they streaming movies?

If so, which application or website are you using to see those movies?

Which specific Windows* version are you working with?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
pedro11
Beginner

well i have built this pc about 3 weeks ago.  and its a custom build by me. I'm using tv with hdmi port. i don't use any adapter or converter.

this error appeared when the windows installed the driver automatically and you can say its from the start of first run of windows. also this error happens if i remove the drivers either from device manage or using DDU. i didn't change any hardware. this lag is with media player classic with movies that are stored in ssd drive. I'm using windows 10 21h2(19044.1682).

0 Kudos
pedro11
Beginner

Thank you. I have built this pc about 3 weeks ago.

I'm using tv as monitor with hdmi and without any adapter or converter.

this error appeared at the first run of windows when the windows automatically installed uhd drivers. And if i remove the drivers in the device manager or with DDU and reinstall any version of uhd driver i get the error.

i didn't make any hardware changes.

The lag appear in media player classic with videos that are stored in ssd drive.

The problem happening in home.

0 Kudos
HASSAN1
Beginner

hello everyone. i have a problem with hd 530 on core i7-6700. i have a desktop pc and whenever i install intel driver for hd 530 its get installed without problem but when i see events i see an error like:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1912&SUBSYS_06B91028&REV_06\3&11583659&0&10 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem22.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: igfx
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x15
Problem Status: 0x0

I ALSO WANT TO UPGRADE ME INTEGRATED gpu vram BUT IT SI NOT GOING UP FROM 128MB

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

pedro11, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

According to the information shown in the SSU document, the graphics driver version currently installed on your computer is 30.0.101.1660, provided by Intel®.

It is important to mention that the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work as expected with your specific system. For that reason, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on ASUS's website and the latest graphics driver they have available is version 30.0.101.1218 tested and validated by ASUS for your board. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-Z690-A/HelpDesk_Download/

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

If the problem persists after that, even though the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, for testing purposes you can try a clean installation this time of Intel® graphics driver version 30.0.101.1960, which was released yesterday:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?

Additionally, we recommend to get in contact directly with ASUS support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your PC or, if necessary, to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello pedro11, 

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello pedro11, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@HASSAN1,

Please use the Post a Question button on the main forum page to open a new conversation to discuss your issues. This conversation is for the discussion of @pedro11's issues only. No hijacking of conversations allowed.

...S

0 Kudos