Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

difficoltà a riprodurre video 4k

mgril2
Beginner

Salve a tutti,

con il mio i3 6100 grafica integrata Intel HD520 e driver aggiornato (vedi allegato) i filmati in 4k sono riprodotti a scatti (come player uso VLC, la stessa applicazione installata sul TV funziona perfettamente, ho provato con altri player (Kodi, WMplayerecc..) senza risultati). Come posso risolvere?

Grazie per gli eventuali suggerimenti

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello mgril2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

Our support is only provided in English. Therefore we may not be able to translate the screenshots or reports attached to the thread.

To better assist you, I would appreciate if you could confirm the following information:

• Please provide the model of your computer.                                                  
  • Did you update the driver using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant
  • Was the computer working fine with that resolution before? Any changes made prior to this behavior?
  • How is the computer connected to the TV?  Please provide the cable model and part number.

To gather more information about your system please run the following tool

and attach reports generated:

1.      Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link  

2.      Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

3.      By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

4.      Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

5.      To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
mgril2
Beginner

Dear Esteban, thanks for the reply.
attached the SSU file required.
4K movies have always been played jerkily, the connecting cable to the TV is an HDMI "4K HDMI cable 2m, Snowkids HDMI 2.0 a / b high speed cables with Ethernet, supports 4K 60Hz HDR 2.0 / 1.4a".
When I play 4K movies the CPU usage is only 10/15%, is it possible to activate the graphics acceleration?
Thank you

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello mgril2,

Thank you so much for your response and the additional information provided.

After checking the report, we noticed that your computer is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) device.

So we need to take several things in consideration, computer manufacturers may have altered the features, incorporated customizations or made other changes.

I noticed that you are currently using the latest Intel generic driver, my recommendation would be to install the drivers provided by the manufacturer to avoid any potential impact by loading non-customized drivers.

You can find the drivers for your device here.

Additionally I would appreciate if you could confirm the following information:

• Were different cables tested?
  • Have you tried a different TV/Monitor? If so, does the issue persist?

Please follow the steps to get the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers and share results with me.

Esteban D. 

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
mgril2
Beginner

Dear Esteban
I installed the driver provided by Asus (see attached SSU), the result is the same, now, in some cases the VLC player crashes (!).
I have tested other HDMI cables and another TV but the problem persists.
Thanks for your interest
Regards

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello mgril2,

Thank you so much for the update and the information provided.

It is correct that the Intel®UHD Graphics 520 controller may support the resolution that you are trying to use, however, this actually depends upon the video output that is in use and other facts.

Your graphics adapter supports a Max resolution of 4096x2304@24Hz via HDMI* 1.4.

For more details please refer to Intel® HD Graphics 520

Actual capabilities for supported resolutions may vary from one system to another depending on system configuration. Original Equipment Manufacturers (in this situation ASUS*) may limit functionality and features.

With that being said, I would strongly recommend checking with the system vendor 

to determine if your system delivers this feature, or reference the system specifications.

As both drivers were tested (generic and OEM drivers) we can determine that this behavior is related to a different part.  We know that the computer supports the resolution according to their specifications, however, checking with them for hardware limitations, cable/TV compatibility or reported issues is recommended at this point.

If you have additional inquiries, please let us know. 

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
mgril2
Beginner

thanks for your interest, i will contact ASUS.
thank you

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello mgril2,

Thank you so much for your response.

It's not a problem, we are glad to help. Please check with them and hopefully you will be able to get a resolution on this.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos