Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

dual monitors

HP4
Beginner

Cannot get Intel HD graphics card to do separate programs, only mirroring.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
32 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Also describe your external connections and how you are using them.

...S

0 Kudos
HP4
Beginner

Using VGA and Display ports.  Everything, including extended displays. except 2nd monitor is not decided and I am unable to drag from screen to screen.  

0 Kudos
HP4
Beginner

Also, have 4 working monitors and tried switching them as well as swapping ports and cables and using different working cables.

0 Kudos
HP4
Beginner

servicerequestmgmtintel.com-could not send scan.  IP address not recognized!!

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello HP4,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

Were you able to run the scan requested by the community? This will be helpful to gather general system information in order to see what could be possibly causing this behavior.

Please run the following tool and attach the reports generated using the steps below:   

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link 

1. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

2. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
HP4
Beginner

I tried but as in my earlier post - IP address does not exist!  I saved the scan so if you can tell me another way to send it I will so.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hace teh SSU tool save the report to a file. Then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (which is below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
HP4
Beginner

One of the other problems with the dual monitor set up is I am unable to "drag" from one screeen to the other!   Any way I can e-mail it?  I know it will not post here but if it helps solve my problems I/we can post the resultds here.  As I said before I did save it.

0 Kudos
HP4
Beginner

One of the other problems with the dual monitor set up is I am unable to "drag" from one screen to the other!   Any way I can e-mail it?  

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If you cannot drag something into the Communities frame, then just click on the word browse (which is highlighted in blue) and it will provide a file dialog that you can use to select the file to be uploaded.

...S

0 Kudos
HP4
Beginner

Wow, all of a sudden I can drag!  Hope this info goes thru.  Please let me know if it has been sent.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello HP4,

Thank you for your response.

Please follow the recommendations provided by n_scott_pearson to attach the generated report.

If you still unable to attach the file I can send an email to you using the email address that was used during the creation of your profile. Please do not provide the email address in the thread.

Please let me know if that’s fine with you.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello HP4,

Thank you for your response.

I’m still unable to see the SSU report. I would appreciate if you could try one more time.

Also, please check my previous post and let me know if you would like to share the report via email.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
HP4
Beginner

Ok, will try to drag and send.  If that does not work please send me an e-mail address I can send to.s 

0 Kudos
HP4
Beginner

In trying to send the file in the requested format - servicerequestmgmt.intel.com comes back to me as an unrecognized IP?  

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You have responded multiple times, so you obviously know how to do so. What part of clicking on the blue 'browse' just below the response ('Body') box don't you understand?

Here is what it looks like:

Untitled.jpg

Just click on the browse and select the file you want to include with the response.

...S

0 Kudos
HP4
Beginner

I see nothing that shows "browse" on my screen!  If you can show me where to find "browse" I will gladly click on it !!  Please send me info so I can send the scan you requested.  In my earlier correspondence, I have asked for the info to send by e-mail.  I can only drag on certain web sites apparently, so I thought I had the ability to drag it is limited to a certain situation apparently.  I am not a computer nerd as you apparently think I am.  So, please bear with me.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Use a different browser.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

OMG. This is like pulling teeth. Did you read the files that explain how to use this site? It doesn't sound like it...

Read carefully: Do not reply to notification emails! You cannot send attachments via email.

Open the notification email. Click on the title for the conversation where it appears within the message (not the title for the email). This will open your browser and take you into the conversation. Click on the Reply button. It will then allow you to provide your password to complete login. You will then be able to see the browse button and can attach your file.

...S

0 Kudos