Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

dwm.exe leakage with Intel HD Graphics 630

burakyesil
Novice

The dwm.exe memory leak is in the latest version driver so I am using version:27.20.100.9664. There is no leak in this driver, but there is an increase in GPU usage. Which version of Intel HD Grpahics 630 should I use to get rid of these problems?

I am attaching the document of the computer data I received with the intel system determination program below.

I have Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello burakyesil,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. When does the issue happen?
  2. Have you gotten any error codes or BSODs?
  3. Have you tried using OEM drivers? 
  4. Picture of where you are looking at the issue. 

It is important for you to know that the memory leak issue is a known problem and an Intel team is investigating it and a fix is in progress, the issue has been reported under bug ID #22012524606. 

You can also join our community thread about this issue for the latest news and updates. Also, to participate in the conversation with other affected users. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/BUG-dwm-exe-uses-memory-leakage-with-Intel-HD-Graphics-630/m-p/1222297

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

burakyesil
Novice

I know for sure it's because of the Intel graphics driver version.When I updated the latest version memory leak occur, therefore now I am using the version:27.20.100.9664 and I have not got any memory leak problem. Just when I am using this version and look the task bar I saw dwm.exe has use %10 GPU sometimes. I  just want the know what is the best version that is free from such problems. I looked everywhere but I could not find the best version.

1-When I updated the version:30.0.100.9955
2-No. I have not gotten.
3- Yes I tried. The version of 27.20.100.9664, A19 of in dell website.When I use this I have memory leak again the version same but I did not understand why ? I downlaod from intel webiste and it has not. (https://www.dell.com/support/home/tr-tr/product-support/servicetag/0-WWsrZ3E2TkxKRFNMUURDbkE3bDlmUT090/drivers)

4-Attached Photo. But now I am Using the older version cause of this I havent got memory leak problem just sometimes I've gpu problems.(Like said sometimes %10-%15 usage gpu dwm.exe).

Thanks for your answer I will wait the best version for memory leak.I just want to fix the gpu problem now.

Regards,

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello burakyesil, 

Yesterday a new driver version was released, please perform a clean installation of the drivers using this new version and test if the issue continues. 

Follow these steps:

Check Windows* updates:

• Click the Windows Start button. 

• Click the search and type Windows updates and click on that option.

• Select Check for Updates and ensure you have the latest Windows* version. 

Clean installation of the Graphics Driver:

1- Download the latest customized driver from our download center and save the installer on the computer.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Uninstall the Intel Graphics driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

• Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics.html

4- Restart the computer.

5- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

6- If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in Device Manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' or similar. If not, repeat step 3. Repeat the process until it is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'.

7- Install the latest graphics driver.

8- Once the latest driver has been installed, enable the internet connection again.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

burakyesil
Novice

Thanks for your help, I installed the latest driver you said and I am using the new version now. I will observe if the error occurs again. I will update the results here for other users to benefit as well.

Thanks for your time,
Regards,

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello burakyesil,

Thank you for the information, I will be following up next Monday just to check how everything is going and to see if more assistance is needed 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
burakyesil
Novice

Hello there,

I have been using latest version for about 2 days. The memory leak problem has been resolved, but the dwm.exe gpu usage continues to occur around 15%. This sometimes causes freezings while watching Full HD videos. Is this problem caused by the current version or is there another software error in my system? I'm not sure.

What are the methods to solve the problem that I can do in the current latest version to reduce the GPU usage of dwm.exe at 15-20% levels, can you help me?

Regards,

0 Kudos
burakyesil
Novice

Edit: I have been nearly using about 1 week and memory leak problem has occur again partly.Sometimes I saw dwm.exe 120MB or higher RAM usage. I think Intel developers fixed it partly at this version. I am waiting the next version now.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello burakyesil,

Thank you for all the information provided, it is very useful in order to keep working to try to solve this issue with the driver. Please provide me with dump files using the latest driver available in order to keep investigated and try to find a possible solution. 

Remember to keep checking the community thread that is open with inquiries on this matter, there you can share your experiences and learn from the ones of other users. Also, some news can be shared in that thread as well as possible solutions. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello burakyesil,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello burakyesil,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Remember that the issue has been reported under bug ID #22012524606. Also, remember to join our community thread about this issue for the latest news and updates. Also, to participate in the conversation with other affected users. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/BUG-dwm-exe-uses-memory-leakage-with-Intel-HD-Graphics-630/m-p/1222297

Best regards,  

Josue O. 

0 Kudos