Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

graphics eye damage

Hallelujahlight
Beginner

While noticing that most new laptop products include the iris graphics card technology, I decided to do some research into quality for eye preservation. Comparing the iris to nvidia with a simple youtube video comparison, while slowing the graphics down to .5 speed there is noticeable glitches happening with the iris graphics card. Which would obviously cause great eye damage. Regardless of viewing graphics detail quality. The iris is clearly a terrible design and quality that needs to be fixed. Unfortunately it is already designed into most new laptops.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

"Which would obviously cause great eye damage"

Are you a qualified Ophthalmologist?  Is that your field of expertise?

Do you have a question for the forum?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Hallelujahlight
Beginner

"Which would obviously cause great eye damage" (business loss)

Are you a qualified Ophthalmologist?  Is that your field of expertise? (I am a human being with eyeballs and common sense)

Do you have a question for the forum?

(Do you have a problem with me posting my concerns to the intel website questions or concerns community? And why would you specifically have an issue with me posting about my complaints and recent findings with the iris graphics card compared to the nvidia?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor) (doc?)

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hello Hallelujahlight,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. 

Based on the information that you provided please follow the next recommendations: 

• At this moment we don't have reported massive issues related to the Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics. 

• We recommend changing the monitor and or Display settings accordingly to the needs.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos