Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

hd 4000 4k panel?

gyaşa
Beginner

i want to attach 4K panel to the laptop with HD 4000 graphics. is that possible?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What a loaded question! The only answer I can currently give is... Maybe. We need to know what laptop you have. Please provide full part number for your laptop.

...S

0 Kudos
gyaşa
Beginner

According to my research the output supports 30 Hz at a special resolution. Does it support the panel?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Does what support it? Provide manufacturer and part number for your laptop.

...S

0 Kudos
gyaşa
Beginner

What technical specification do you want to know about the laptop? i can answer. I'll combine the laptop. I haven't created a laptop yet.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are making it incredibly difficult to help you. If you have a 3rd gen processor with Intel HD Graphics 4000, then you have support for DisplayPort 1.1a, which can support HDMI 1.4, which means that it can support a 4K display at up to 30Hz. Now, that's purely what the processor can do. Whether it can still support this in a particular laptop design is another matter completely. I need more information regarding the laptop itself. Having you paraphrase the specs is a waste of time. Provide me with the manufacturer, model and part number for this laptop so that I can look it up myself. If you can't or won't provide this information, well, then this conversation is over.

...S

0 Kudos
gyaşa
Beginner

asus x55c with this i3 processor. i'll do this laptop i7 12gb ram i'll do adding 8 gb more. I'll update bios. so what you see will be different from what I have created.

I found the 4K panel but I don'T know if it supports HD4000 resolution. HDMI support, but I want to know if the laptop panel supports

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, if this Core i7 is from a later generation, support for 4K@60Hz becomes a bigger possibility, but HDMI support will still depend upon the laptop in question. We are only in the latest generation seeing laptops with 4K eDP panels starting to appear. These are incredibly expensive laptops, however...

...S

0 Kudos