Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

hd 4400 screen flicker on full screen games windows 10

ckuma1
Beginner

I am facing this weird issue, When I play games on full screen the screen starts to flicker, however if I play them on windowed mode they run fine. I have been having this problem since a year now, I've been using V-Sync in games as a by-pass to this problem but there are new games which don't have V-Sync option available so they are unplayable. My laptop screen refresh rate is 60 Hz. I have updated graphics driver to latest one but it didn't fix it.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, charsee420. I will be more than glad to assist you.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with a DxDiag* report. Please follow these steps to generate it:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the .txt file that was generated. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

And, if you do not mind, can you please let me know in which games this issue is presented?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
ckuma1
Beginner

thank you for your response Antony S. Here's is the DxDiag.

I have been having issues in Dota2, League of Legends, GTA San Andreas. These are 3 games which I play. In Dota and League, V-Sync helps solve the issue but in GTA SA there's no such feature.

After the post here, I tried to install different versions of drivers. Previously I had driver version 21.19.15.4835, On the official download center page it's named 15.40.37.4835 but I didn't know that, so i was unsure which driver I was already having.

I followed the standard procedure Device Manager > Intel HD Graphics > Uninstall Driver (with software) > Restart > Install New Drivers. These were my results;

- Updated to latest driver (15.40.38.4963) ===> Screen Flicker didn't fix. Also gave me issues with Custom Resolutions in games (I couldn't find any resolution other than the original i.e; 1366 x 768 so I was forced to play at this resolution. But after a couple of restarts, the other resolutions option came back.)

- Installed older version driver (15.40.37.4835) ===> Screen Flicker didn't fix.

- Installed the oldest version (15.40.7.64.4279) ===> Screen Flicker fixed But Major Fps Drops and Lag in games. The games were unplayable. Moreover the Graphics Control Panel was kind of buggy.

- After this I installed the latest driver back, the Issue stays.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, charsee420. Thank you for the information provided.

I would like to run some tests at our labs regarding this issue. This might take some time but once I have an update I will let you know.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
ckuma1
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, charsee420. Thank you for your patience.

I would like to start by mentioning that during my tests the issue occurred with League of Legends*. Then, this is a known behavior and we are currently working on it. We are providing updates about this issue in the following thread: /thread/118820 https://communities.intel.com/thread/118820

Antony S.
0 Kudos