Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckuma1
Beginner

hd 4400 screen flicker on full screen games windows 10

I am facing this weird issue, When I play games on full screen the screen starts to flicker, however if I play them on windowed mode they run fine. I have been having this problem since a year now, I've been using V-Sync in games as a by-pass to this problem but there are new games which don't have V-Sync option available so they are unplayable. My laptop screen refresh rate is 60 Hz. I have updated graphics driver to latest one but it didn't fix it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello, charsee420. I will be more than glad to assist you.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with a DxDiag* report. Please follow these steps to generate it:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the .txt file that was generated. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

And, if you do not mind, can you please let me know in which games this issue is presented?

Antony S.
ckuma1
Beginner

thank you for your response Antony S. Here's is the DxDiag.

I have been having issues in Dota2, League of Legends, GTA San Andreas. These are 3 games which I play. In Dota and League, V-Sync helps solve the issue but in GTA SA there's no such feature.

After the post here, I tried to install different versions of drivers. Previously I had driver version 21.19.15.4835, On the official download center page it's named 15.40.37.4835 but I didn't know that, so i was unsure which driver I was already having.

I followed the standard procedure Device Manager > Intel HD Graphics > Uninstall Driver (with software) > Restart > Install New Drivers. These were my results;

- Updated to latest driver (15.40.38.4963) ===> Screen Flicker didn't fix. Also gave me issues with Custom Resolutions in games (I couldn't find any resolution other than the original i.e; 1366 x 768 so I was forced to play at this resolution. But after a couple of restarts, the other resolutions option came back.)

- Installed older version driver (15.40.37.4835) ===> Screen Flicker didn't fix.

- Installed the oldest version (15.40.7.64.4279) ===> Screen Flicker fixed But Major Fps Drops and Lag in games. The games were unplayable. Moreover the Graphics Control Panel was kind of buggy.

- After this I installed the latest driver back, the Issue stays.

idata
Community Manager

Hello, charsee420. Thank you for the information provided.

I would like to run some tests at our labs regarding this issue. This might take some time but once I have an update I will let you know.

Antony S.
ckuma1
Beginner

any updates, Sir?

idata
Community Manager

Hello, charsee420. Thank you for your patience.

I would like to start by mentioning that during my tests the issue occurred with League of Legends*. Then, this is a known behavior and we are currently working on it. We are providing updates about this issue in the following thread: /thread/118820 https://communities.intel.com/thread/118820

Antony S.