Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

hd graphics 530 freezing

BJurg
Beginner

Installed driver 24.20.100.6025 on my windows 10 Home computer (ver. 1709) using Intel Skylake and only an Intel HD Graphics 530 display driver. The screen freezes for 2-3 seconds and when it does so there is a random pattern of pixel squares that show up. Once the screen unfreezes, the display is OK until the next time it freezes. I have my "Power options" settings set to "High Performance" (this is a desktop computer).because using "Balanced" is even worse.

Are there any display driver settings that might make this better?

I have been updating the display driver for years and keep having various display issues with the Intel HD Graphics 530.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MMak2
Beginner

The same here but with newest I7 8550 , newest update for windows and newest intel drivers doesn't work together. System freez very often , like every 15min.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Uncle_Bern and Pirat,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

In order to assist you better, please allow me to gather basic information about your system. Please scan it using the Intel® System Support Utility. Follow the steps below:

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/91600/Intel-System-Support-Utility

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
BJurg
Beginner

Here I have attached my scan. thanks, uncle bern

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Uncle_Bern

Thank you for your response.

First, I would like you to install the previous version of the Intel® Graphics Driver manually. Follow these steps:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27650/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=88345

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

If the issue still persists, does it occur when you open an application or game?

Also, could you please describe the various display issues and the graphics driver installed in your system when they occur?

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
BJurg
Beginner

Wanna G. Thanks for your help, but going back to 15.65.5.4982 did help reveal an issue, but also it created a new one. Most of the pixilation and screen tearing seemed to stop. However the new issue is: I had the SYSTEM freeze completely. (I had to drop the system to recover - I could not get task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) to come up. The system was completely frozen and would not respond to either the mouse or keyboard.)

What was revealed to me was I had "Spybot Search & Destroy 2.6" installed and somehow with this product "BitDefender Treat Scanner" was imbedded into it. I had tried to cleanup the "Spybot" and remove the "BitDefender", but the "BitDefender" kept coming back. So (for the time being), I removed "Spybot Search & Destroy 2.6" and all of its components and ran a BitDefender removal tool (from BitDefender). (Yes, I still have an Anti-virus program).) I used Spybot only as Anti-Malware. I also understand that Spybot 2.7 may resolve this BitDefender issue, when it gets issued.

I have re-installed the newest driver 24.20.100.6025. I also have to set my desktop computer, power option settings to "High Performance" (Note: this is a Microsoft issue as this setting is not kept.).

At this point in time with the Spybot software removed, my graphics display seems to be working better. I will continue to monitor this issue.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
BJurg
Beginner

Without "Spybot Search & Destroy 2.6" my graphics display appears to be running correctly. I also had "reset default" in the "Intel graphics settings" under the "Video" tab.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Uncle_Bern,

I am glad to hear that you were able to fix the freezing issues you were experiencing.

Please keep me updated if the issue starts happening again so that we can continue assisting you.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos