Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

hd graphics 630

hansvennekool1
Beginner
Hello, yesterday I bought a monitor with a 3440x1440 resolution that runs up to 75hz. I have a lenovo y520 notebook, which has the hd graphics 630 as integrated graphics and the gtx 1050 as dedicated. I have an hdmi input from my pc that is version 1.4 and a version 2.0 cable. The maximum resolution of this graph is
4096x2304 @ 30Hz connected by hdmi 1.4 and for DP it is 4096x2304 @ 60Hz
My question is if I use an HDMI to display port converter cable, will I be able to run at those 60hz?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

hansvennekool1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter and also to confirm the information you provided:

What is the model of the monitor?

Please provide the Intel® Graphics report while the monitor is attached to the computer:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Also, please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
hansvennekool1
Beginner

My model of monitor is Samsung sj55w

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
In a nutshell, no, you can't.
You have a HDMI output that is limited to 30Hz. Converting it to DisplayPort format does not magically allow you to double the throughput; you are limited by the original HDMI signal and this limitation cannot be overcome.
Sorry,
...S
0 Kudos
hansvennekool1
Beginner
What if I have a USB-C 3.0 with displayport 1.2, will I be able to do it?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Yes, in that case, it may be possible.
...S
0 Kudos
hansvennekool1
Beginner

Thank You

How I can Know the version of my USB-C?? 

I have a lenovo legion y520 15ikbn

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello hansvennekool1, I just wanted to check if you were able to find out the version of the USB-C ports on your Lenovo Legion Y520 15IKBN and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello hansvennekool1, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos