Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

hdr with uhd 730

perodbk
Beginner

Hi i have problem i cannot get 4k 60hz hdr signal on windows 10 pro 64bit 

i5 11400
msi b560m pro 

connected with hdmi 2.1 cable on samsung tv ue65mu8002,

4k 60hz is working fine but when i try to turn on hdr on tv (hdmi uhd color) i get no signal

if i try to put through gt 1030 everything works ok 

any sugestions what to try to fix this

thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello perodbk, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case we determine that the issue seems to be isolated to your motherboard and thus should be reported to the motherboard manufacturer. You can always let MSI know that we tested the HDR functionality on a Gigabyte Z590 Gaming X motherboard with the latest driver 30.0.100.9667 and it worked fine, we were able to activate it.

Looking at the reports you sent, the driver and Operating System successfully recognize that the display is HDR capable. From DxDiag provided we see "Eotf2084Supported" which means the display is HDR capable.

In addition, there seems to be something odd as the Intel® Graphics Command Center report fails to list native 4096x2160@60hz mode, suggesting a potential issue with HDMI 2.0b mode which is a requirement for HDR.

As for the table that you provided, the driver and Intel® UHD Graphics 730 supports 4K@60hz in 10-bit mode with 4:2:0/4:2:2 subsampling via HDMI 2.0/DP 1.2. When you enable HDR it normally defaults to 8-bit with dithering (equivalent to 10-bit) and 4:2:0 as this is what the Operating System currently supports.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

perodbk, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Please provide the Intel® graphics report in order to confirm how the monitor/Tv is being detected:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,
Albert R.

0 Kudos
perodbk
Beginner

Hi Albert,

thank you for answering and trying to help me

it is new computer i have build it from new parts

windows 10 pro

version 20H2

os build 19042.985

at home

gt 1030 is not in computer atm i have just installed it to test HDR on tv and with it it works great but it is only 2GB of ram so i cannot get netflix in hdr with it 

if i have skipped something or you need some more info fell free to ask

ty once again

Pero

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi perodbk, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the reports.

Based on the SSU report we can confirm that the Intel® Generic Graphics driver version 27.20.100.9466 is properly installed and that, as you mentioned, according to the graphics report the 4k 60hz resolution is fully supported by your platform.

I looked at the HDR requirements and it says that the HDMI port version should be HDMI 2.0a:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025998/graphics.html

Then I checked the specifications of the board and it states that the HDMI port version of it is 2.0b, So, I will confirm if that is the reason why this issue might be happening, even though it says "1x HDMI 2.0b with HDR port":
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B560M-PRO/Specification

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in MSI's website and the graphics driver they have available is version 27.20.100.9127, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the link below:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B560M-PRO#down-driver&Win10%2064
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Also, please get in contact with MSI directly to gather the instructions on how to do a BIOS update and make sure that the latest BIOS version is installed on your computer:
https://www.msi.com/support

After that, please let us know the results if HDR is now working so if necessary, we can further assist you.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
perodbk
Beginner

Hi Albert

thank you on reply and trying to help me

about hdmi 2.0a and 2.0b, it is upgrade, HDMI 2.0b adds support for HLG(Hybrid Log Gamma) everything else should be the same,

i had allready install latest bios update on motherboard before i have contacted you, 

i will clean gpu drivers with ddu and install those from msi site, and i will also try this weekend to do whole clean install of system as i have installed lot of stuff trying to solve this and made some changes through windows, if any of those things dont help me i will be coming back on monday to see is there anything else i could try 

have a nice weekend

0 Kudos
perodbk
Beginner

update

i have made clean install of windows and with microsoft universal gpu driver i can turn hdmi uhd color in tv and there is signal between tv and computer (not hdr it is 30hz) but as soon as i install intell gpu drivers i am getting no conection between tv and computer. So to me it looks like that problem is in your drivers they are blocking somehow HDR communication. i have tried driver from msi page and now i have your latest driver

Version: 27.20.100.9616 (Latest) Date: 5/26/2021

but problem stays i cannot get hdr communication, i have feeling that is something stupid like just one click to turn on that communication and all my problems will be solved, or maybe do you have  recommendation of older drivers i could try

and one more thing i have noticed under screen / information i dont see resolution 3840x2160 60hz which i am using it atm, dont know is that important
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi perodbk, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after the testings you did during the weekend and trying different graphics drivers. So, we are going to do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Just to make sure, could you please confirm if the resolution that you are using 3840x2160 60hz, is a customized resolution that you created?

As per the Intel® Graphics report these are the 4K supported resolutions:

3840 x 2160 (24p Hz, 4K)

3840 x 2160 (25p Hz, 4K)

3840 x 2160 (30p Hz, 4K)

4096 x 2160 (24p Hz, 4K)

4096 x 2160 (25p Hz, 4K)

4096 x 2160 (30p Hz, 4K)

Also, if you use the 4K @30Hz resolution does HDR work fine that way?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
perodbk
Beginner
Hi Albert,
i just pick up resolution and 60hz i didnt make custom resolution

If i change to 4k 30hz or 24hz problem stays i get no signal when i change to hdr in tv settings

Br

Pero
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi perodbk, Thank you very much for providing those results.

We will continue reviewing the case, once I get more updates I will let you know on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
perodbk
Beginner
Thank you Albert, i will also next week test lower resolutions like 1080p can i get hdr in any of refresh rate
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

perodbk, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

That is great, please let us know the results once you get the chance, they will be very useful for us to further assist you on this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
perodbk
Beginner

Hi Albert, 

i have tried changing on 1920x1080 from 23p up to 60p and every time i have turned on HDR (HDMI UHD color) on tv, i get no signal, only one thing i can try it when my soundbar comes from service i will try to get hdr through it (pc-soundbar-tv) as it has also have somekind of picture processing in it

if you have some new idea what i could try please share it

BR

Pero

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi perodbk, Thank you very much for letting us know that outcome.

"if you have some new idea what i could try please share it", yes:

Is it possible to test a different monitor? Just to discard compatibility, if that is the case, please let us know if the same issue is present with a different HDR monitor.

Just to confirm, are you activating the HDR in Windows or in the TV itself?

By any chance, did you check with Samsung directly about this scenario? According to the manual, not all the TVs support HDR it says: "This function is only available on certain models in specific geographical areas":

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201801/20180123103332177/ENG_KTMDVBEUL-3.0.7_180111.1.pdf 

Please verify that with Samsung directly and also if there is a firmware/driver update available for the TV, when you get the opportunity, please let us know the results: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
perodbk
Beginner

Hi Albert,

unfortunately i don't have any other HDR display to test it but if i install gpu (gt 1030) in pc i can enable hdr with no problem at all

i am activating hdr on tv,

when other gpu is in pc, windows automatically changes to hdr (windows HD color settings) when i turn HDMI UHD color on tv

HDR is available on this tv as i have stated before,

but i did some more digging can you please check this table in att is this compatible with intel gpu,

i am waiting my soundbar from service maybe that will help me with this problem

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi perodbk, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

"unfortunately i don't have any other HDR display to test it", no problem at all, we completely understand.

We are going to review the table to confirm those details and also we will continue with our research on this matter, as soon as I get more information I will post all the updates on this thread. Once you receive the soundbar and you are able to test it, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

After reviewing the case we determine that the issue seems to be isolated to your motherboard and thus should be reported to the motherboard manufacturer. You can always let MSI know that we tested the HDR functionality on a Gigabyte Z590 Gaming X motherboard with the latest driver 30.0.100.9667 and it worked fine, we were able to activate it.

Looking at the reports you sent, the driver and Operating System successfully recognize that the display is HDR capable. From DxDiag provided we see "Eotf2084Supported" which means the display is HDR capable.

In addition, there seems to be something odd as the Intel® Graphics Command Center report fails to list native 4096x2160@60hz mode, suggesting a potential issue with HDMI 2.0b mode which is a requirement for HDR.

As for the table that you provided, the driver and Intel® UHD Graphics 730 supports 4K@60hz in 10-bit mode with 4:2:0/4:2:2 subsampling via HDMI 2.0/DP 1.2. When you enable HDR it normally defaults to 8-bit with dithering (equivalent to 10-bit) and 4:2:0 as this is what the Operating System currently supports.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
perodbk
Beginner

Thank you Albert for all of your help i will try to solve this problem with MSI

BR

Pero

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello perodbk, You are very welcome, thank you for your response.

Yes, at this point that will be the best thing to do, to get in contact with MSI directly so they can further assist you with this scenario.

Any other inquires, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
RamanBhadu
Beginner

Brother did you got any solution for 4k hdr

0 Kudos