Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

i am running my new NUC8i7HVK with intel ssd into my new lg 4k oled , via hdmi. every hour or so, the screen loses sync completely, come back, does it again, and then my screen goes black.

mrein3
Beginner

intel support assistant says i am up to date, except for the intel graphics driver 630 is version 6323 and to update to version 6444. tried to do that. but it says this installation package is not supported by the processor type. please advice

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello mrein3 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • Have you tried uninstalling the current graphics driver on the system and then installing the Intel® graphics driver version .6444? See reference links below. • What is the brand and model of the HDMI® cable? • Does this behavior happen with another TV/display? • Do you have any other display connected to the Intel® NUC? • Have you installed the Display firmware diver? Refer to the display's support website to find the driver. Reference link: Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel® Display HDMI/Audio Driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126143/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HVK NOTE: to complete the driver update (uninstall/install) keep the Intel® NUC without internet connection to avoid automatic updates. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The most common cause for this issue is that the Intel HD Graphics DCH-based driver cannot uninstall the previous, non-DCH-based driver. To complete the upgrade, do the following:

1. Manually download the latest Intel HD Graphics DCH driver installation package and place it on your Windows drive. Do not attempt to install yet. Here is a link to the downloads page: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28515/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10.
  2. Disconnect PC from the Internet. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable Wireless.
  3. Manually uninstall the existing, non-DCH Intel HD Graphics driver package. Do this from the Apps and Features Settings scene.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Install the DCH driver package you downloaded earlier.
  6. Reboot.
  7. Reconnect Internet.
  8. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
mrein3
Beginner
Hi, Thanks for the replies. I started from scratch. Formatted my hard drive, reinstalled win 10, did all the latest updates. installed the intel graphic update to 6444. the latest amd andrenolin. replaced the hdmi cable (high speed with ethernet) Things have been fine for 2 weeks, but every 6 or 7 hours, same problem. tv loses sync totally, then a green screen, then black. the only way out is to reboot. Any further help would be great Mike
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Try disabling Monitor Sleep in Windows.

...S

0 Kudos
mrein3
Beginner

tried it, but still loses sync, then green screen

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello mrein3 Thank you for the information. Have you installed the display's firmware on the Intel® NUC? Do you have the same behavior on with other displays? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
mrein3
Beginner

Hi Leonardo

LG does not have a specific driver for my LG oled65c7t TV.

I have no other monitor to try it on.

Prior to buying the NUC8i7HVK I had a Gigabyte Brix with I7, with no problem at all.

Assuming it is the NUC not the Tv, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello mrein3 Thank you for the information. • Have you installed the Radeon™ driver for the Intel NUC? Reference link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=NUC8i7HVK+ • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello mrein3 Have you complete the installation of the Radeon™ drivers on the system and completed the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
mrein3
Beginner
Hi Leonardo I have updated all the drivers to the recent latest, and for the last week, everything seems to be fine. Attached is my system report. How long approx should be my boot time  with win10. there are only the standard start up items. Thanks Michael
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello mrein3 I am glad to hear that the unit is working properly, by my experience with the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK it usually takes less than 10 seconds to boot into Windows nevertheless this time can change depending on the hardware and settings on the environment, for more detail information about the boot time frames you can confirm this information with Microsoft support. Microsoft support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
mrein3
Beginner
Hi Leonardo Thanks for the reply. boot time is 39 secs, I have set everything in win 10 to minimise start ups. don`t know what i can change in boot. Could you please advise thanks Michael
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello mrein3 • Is the system BIOS up to date? The latest bios version is 0054 (reference link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28642/BIOS-Update-HNKBLi70-86A-?product=126143). • Have you made any BIOS changes? Can you test the unit after loading default BIOS settings? For that you have to access the BIOS with F2 and load default BIOS settings with F9 then save and exit with F10. • What is the brand and model of the M.2 and RAM installed on the Intel® NUC? • The also, could be a delay on the startup applications on the operating system (OS) in this case as mentioned previously you can confirm the delay with Microsoft. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
mrein3
Beginner
Hi Leon it has happened again( green screen) should i update to dch drivers? Thanks Michael
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello mrein3 Thank you for the information 1- Yes. Try completing all updates, you can go to settings then updates and security. 2- Please provide me with the following: • The band and model of the RAM installed n the system • The M.2 brand and model • Have you made any BIOS changes? Can you test the unit after loading default BIOS settings? For that you have to access the BIOS with F2 and load default BIOS settings with F9 then save and exit with F10. • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello mrein3 Were you able to collect the information requested and try the system updates? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello mrein3 I haven’t heard back from you, I am going to close this request If you have more questions please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
mrein3
Beginner
ok thanks for your help. it has only done it the once
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello mrein3 Are you still having an issue on the system or is it working fine? If you are still having issues please provide me with details about the issue and the system details requested above. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello mrein3 Do you have any updates? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos