Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

i5-1135g7 and IRIS Xe Graphics Crashing

JiSu
Beginner

Hello.

I have a problem.

I bought 2 weeks ago LG gram 360 14 Laptop. (model: 14T90P-GA5GK, i5-1135g7 and IRIS Xe Graphics)

When I play a game titled "Total War: Three Kingdoms", it disappears in about 15 min without warning.

It is very strange for me because my old lap top (i3) which I purchased in 2013 is running well with "Total War: Three Kingdoms" even though it is slow.

What's wrong with i5-1135g7 and IRIS Xe Graphics?

Please provide me with best solution~

Many thanks in advance.

JiSu

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JiSu, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Did the game "Total War: Three Kingdoms" ever worked with your new laptop?

Did you check the system requirements of the game to make sure your system complies with them?

This problem, does it happen just with "Total War: Three Kingdoms" or it happens with all the games?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes on the laptop?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JiSu
Beginner

Dear Albert.

Thanks for your message.

I've visited "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant" page and updated the graphic driver 1 or 2 weeks ago.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

At that time, the game still crashed in about 15 minutes.

But, yesterday night, I've visited again "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant" web page and there was a new graphic driver which was recommended to install. 

After installing it, the game didn't crash. 

I want to know the exact name of that driver and share it with other people, but I don't know how to find its name.

Anyway, until now, I've played the game for 1 hour continuously and I haven't had the crash problem.

If I find the exact name of the driver, I'll share here.

Have a nice day.

BR

JiSu

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello JiSu, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem got fixed and the game is not crashing anymore after installing the graphics driver provided by the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

In order to confirm what is the driver version, you just need to:

• Open the "Device Manager" look for the 
  • Look for the option "Display adapters" and select the arrow
  • You should be able to see the Intel® Graphics controller, right-click on it and select "Properties"
  • Then select the "driver" tab and you should see the driver version currently installed

Have a nice day you too.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello JiSu, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello JiSu, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos