Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

i5-11600K Miracast

Urbanized
Beginner

Hello all,

Relevant software and hardware I use:

Operating System: Windows 10

Motherboard: ASRock B560M Steel Legend

Processor: i5-11600K

Television: LG Smart TV

I've been trying for weeks now to connect my smart TV wirelessly to my PC using Miracast, but it still doesn't want to work. I first checked whether all settings in Windows 10 are set correctly (with the help of an Intel employee). When I ran a log in DirectX, it said that Miracast is supported, but the graphics card is not. Is it true that the graphics card is built into the processor? It concerns the processor i5-11600K. So this processor is not supported?

Which solutions are possible? Do I need to buy an external graphics card to get things up and running? Or does someone have another solution for me? An HDMI cable through the living room is not a solution. That's exactly what I want to get rid of.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should contact Microsoft regarding Miracast and support for their OS.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Urbanized
Beginner

Alhill.

Thanks for answering!

Because of Windows 10 not supporting the i5-11600K? Windows 12? I thought they had stopped at Windows 10 lol. Maybe I'll try to contact them soon.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The Windows 12 mention is in my signature and is intended to be humorous.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Urbanized
Beginner

I didn't even noticed it's your signature! But I won't be surprised if Windows 12 actually comes out. There are rumours...

0 Kudos