Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

i5 12400 game crashe

Giorgi
Novice

i5 12400 uhd730 constant crashes(C&C Generals Zero Hour)during game screen freezes in randomly times and throws it to the desctop with the inability to return to the game,but at this time game works,i hear sounds.every time have to end process in task manager.played on 10400 everything was perfect.other games is ok.(win10 21h2/30.0.101.1191)please optimize uhd730 driver for old games or write a solution

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel

Hello Giorgi, 

As the last recommendation and based on your issue, try to check with the game developer for settings and optimization from the game since this issue is only happening with this game.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Giorgi,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with the Intel® UHD Graphics 730.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Was the game working before on your computer? If so, when did you notice the issue?

3. Are there other games affected? If so, which games?

4. Can you take a picture of the task manager (performance tab) while you play the game?

5. Have you performed any changes at the BIOS recently?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Giorgi
Novice

Hello Deivid..problems started after building a new computer with 12400. before that everything worked perfectly on 10400. other games work fine, but I don’t play them, they are very heavy for UHD graphics. bios set to default. I am sure its a UHD730 driver problem.excusme but if intel also will not optimize drivers for future desctop video cards, then I definitely won’t buy 😞

(thank you for attention)

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Giorgi, 

Thanks for the information and pictures provided. In this case, please try the following:

1. Try with the graphics drivers provided by Asus (Version 30.0.100.9833). Please check with Asus for installation steps:

2. Try with the new BIOS version (Version 1009), Check with Asus for instructions:

3. Try to perform a clean reinstallation of the game.

4. I know you are up to date, but try with a clean install of the Intel drivers:

5. Try to check with the game developer to confirm recommended settings.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Giorgi
Novice

Reinstalling the game did not help.maybe installing older ver windows will help. I'm afraid to update the bios. the problem also remained with the new driver 101.1340. I can't handle it. Looks like I'll have to spend crazy money on a GPU (

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Giorgi, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Giorgi, 

In order to proceed further, I would like you to try and provide the following:

1. Try to update the graphics using the Asus drivers version 30.0.100.9833:

2. Check with Asus for instructions to update your BIOS version (latest 1009).

3. Are you using a specific launcher to run the game?

4. Where did you the game from (EA Play, Steam, Epic, etc)?

5. If possible, provide a video where we can see the issue.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Giorgi,  

Were you able to check if you were able to perform the steps provided? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Giorgi
Novice

after game crash i see inactive desctop with game sound,but the video was recorded this moment as a black screen.with asus driver is all the same.I will continue to fix the problem

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Giorgi, 

I do appreciate the video. However, in order to continue, I would like to confirm if you were able to try the steps provided.

1. Did you try with the Asus drivers?

2. Did you update your BIOS?

3. Where did you get the game from (EA Play, Steam, Epic, etc)?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Giorgi
Novice
Hello Deivid
yes i installed the asus driver. the game was downloaded from free sources, we have been playing it for about 10 years without any problems. this game has mod contra007 they are created on the same engine.i play both of them, hold tournaments, etc. and both versions of generals have the same problem! only this game does not like my new computer. I have no problems in other games or benchmarks, memory, cpu, ssd, I have stress tested everything and I have no other errors! this is a very old game created on directx 8, everything points to some kind of incompatibility or drivers.error also points to video card problems. I'm trying to explain to you that nothing has changed for me except for the motherboard and cpu. In other games and programs, everything works stably.as soon as I turn on the generals, I already see lags in the start menu,this is not normal, I played ideally on i7 3770 and i5 10400..Well,the bios will be installed after i buy the ups.always had asus and intel for the sake of stability, which do not need to be modified..If you have already checked the game with your 12400 and everything is ok,write me your windows version?
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Giorgi, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Giorgi, 

Thanks for your patience. Based on the research, I would like to confirm the following:

1. What is the resolution that you are using in the game? Can you try the resolution 800x600 for testing?

2. Are you able to run the game from an Official source like EA, STEAM?

3. This game needs to be patched to be played on Windows 10 since it was released for Windows 7. Can you check with the game developer to confirm the right settings for you?

4. Try to use d3d8to9-wrapper, which improves the compatibility and stability of the game significantly by converting all Direct3D 8-API calls and low-level shaders to equivalent Direct3D 9 ones.

• Download the latest version of d3d8to9 (see file attached)
  • If you also use Gentool: rename the file from d3d8.dll to d3d8x.dll to make sure you don't overwrite Gentool.
  • Place the file in the game directory of both Generals and Zero Hour.
  • Play the game.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Giorgi
Novice
I bought a video card, now everything works fine. I hope your solution helps someone else. anyway Deivid thank you very much.you spent so much time on this problem
DeividA_Intel

Hello Giorgi, 

I do appreciate the update. I am glad to know that you solved the issue by unsing a dedicated video card. 

I will proceed to close this thread but you can open a new one in case you need further support with this or any other issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Giorgi, 

As the last recommendation and based on your issue, try to check with the game developer for settings and optimization from the game since this issue is only happening with this game.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Giorgi
Novice

Deivid i know you did a lot of work on this issue, i appreciate it. but I can't blame the game or the settings because it's ok with uhd630,the game just doesn’t like uhd730. I don’t regret that I bought 12400 otherwise it is very good, the level is i5 11600 and i7 10700 😉

0 Kudos