Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

igccservice: "PowerEvent handled successfully by the service."

Lelzar
Beginner

Hi.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
I reinstalled Windows on a fresh NVM SSD as my last one was small and had a critical warning on S.M.A.R.T. with code 4. Windows updates greeted me with a much better Intel software (Intel Graphics Command Center) than whatever the old one was, which is a pleasant surprise to be sure.

However in Event Viewer I noticed that the service that comes with this software is spamming some logs, and I don't know what it could mean. It doesn't seem to cause any real issue, yet, to my knowledge,  however I'm curious what could this all be about.

It says "PowerEvent handled successfully by the service." from the source of "igccservice", every few seconds. (I also installed Lenovo Vantage which did the same thing, but seeing that I don't really have any use for it I uninstalled it.)

I'm attaching some logs, info, and image, hoping it might be of some use.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Lelzar, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please be aware that the Intel® Graphics Command Center is in charge of interfacing with power-related functions like power conservation features while on battery (laptop), or resuming display when waking from sleep for instance. So we can better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".    
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".    
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".    
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link.  

3. Do you see just event notifications or are they actually warnings/errors? Please provide a screenshot of the event viewer.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Lelzar,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Lelzar
Beginner

Hello Sebastian M,

I attached some files in my first post, but I guess I shouldn't have zipped it. Respectfully I am not going to bother doing all that you asked me to, as I am almost certain it will only serve as a fart in the wind. I'm attaching an image though, and yes, while it is only just Information, it's still a little confusing to me why it's got to be spammed like this. Now the fault might lie with Microsoft Windows, but either way I'm not seeing this going anywhere, I merely had a misplaced curiosity.

I am sorry for bothering you, and thank you for writing back.
"Lelzar"

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Lelzar,   

Thank you for your reply. 

As it appears to be only event notifications, they happen with the other tool you installed, and it does not cause any problem; it does not seem to be an issue. 

You may also want to double-check with Microsoft* in case you want to confirm more information about the event viewer and these types of messages.  

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Lelzar,  

I hope the previous information was useful to you. I will close this inquiry; however, if you have any additional questions, please submit a new thread and we will gladly assist you.

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos