Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

igpu usage low to 0%

Eduardo_
Novice

I recently got a pc and been with this problem, in some games (Valorant, Fortnite, Ark and to a much lesser extent csgo) they can run at 60 fps with the appropriate settings but from time to time when doing an action such as shooting or moving the camera the fps go down to 0 for an instant, I also tried with gta v but this one, even though it goes to 30 fps in the middle, they never give me the drops, I have also seen that when I lower the fps to 0 it also increases my ping but I don't know if I have to watch
edit: forgot to mention that the use of the gpu check it with msi afterburner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Eduardo_
Novice

I'm afraid it's more complex than that, anyway I already solved the problem by changing the OS to another hard disk, so I understood the hard disk where I had everything was saturated between system processes and games

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Eduardo_

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Did this happen with Windows 10*?
  • Did you try different drivers? If you did, did you try the ones from the motherboard manufacturer and the Intel website?

We noticed your BIOS is up to date, you can contact the motherboard manufacturer for the BIOS update. In case you didn't try the latest Intel drivers, they can be found in our website:

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Eduardo_
Novice

It also happened in windows 10, I installed windows 11 to see if that solved the error, I tried to update the bios but it just can't be done  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, I'll try installing those drivers

0 Kudos
Eduardo_
Novice

I already installed the iGpu drivers and definitely if I increased the fluidity but I did not fix the drops.
example video, before opening obs the average use of the iGpu was 60%

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. As a friendly reminder, it's important to use newer BIOS versions please contact the motherboard manufacturer for the BIOS update, troubleshooting and steps on how to do it.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Eduardo_
Novice

I'm afraid it's more complex than that, anyway I already solved the problem by changing the OS to another hard disk, so I understood the hard disk where I had everything was saturated between system processes and games

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos