Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

integrated graphics on showing in Windows 10

bpg111
Beginner

Hi, I've got a mobo without a built-in video port. My CPU has integrated graphics (i5-9400), but it's not listed under video adapters in Win 10 and there are no video config options in bios to enable it.

Is to possible to use Intel integrated graphics with a video port on a NVIDIA video card?
Are there any specific requirements on the motherboard HW for it to work?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Typically,  inserting a video card will disable the onboard graphics.  Check your bios settings and/or contact the the motherboard/system supplier.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sorry, I misread your post.  If your board does not have an onboard port, then there is nothing your can do except to add a video card.

0 Kudos
bpg111
Beginner

Hi, thanks for the answers.

I have an NVIDIA video card with several video ports and would like to assign one of the video outs to the Intel graphics.

Would this be a valid configuration for the integrated graphics?

I'm trying to figure out if the limitation is in the Dell bios/Win 10 drivers or it's an unsupported config of Intel graphics or some functionality is missing from the motherboard.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, it is not a valid configuration.  Processor graphics are for onboard ports, which you apparently do not have, and nvida graphics are for ports on the nvidia card.

If your dell board does not have any graphics ports (vga, dvi, hdmi, dp, etc) then you are out of luck. 

0 Kudos
bpg111
Beginner

Hi,

That's unfortunate, I mean Dell ships a PC with two video cards and only one them is usable.

Thanks a lot for clarifying.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, dell shipped a computer with a video card, and a processor that also provides graphics.  Believe me, you are fortunate to have the video card and not have to worry about the processor graphics.

0 Kudos