Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

intel 620 75hz 1440p !

Moaz
Novice

I have an 275e Philips every time i try to stream Netflix or amazon video the extra screen goes black on 60hz it works fine i have the newest software (27.20.100.9168) .

i don't know what's the problem ?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
I would suggest you try a better quality video cable. To guarantee this quality, make sure it is one that is spec'ed to support HDMI 2.0 (or DisplayPort 1.3) or better.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
Moaz
Novice

hey thanks but i tried the monitor with different laptop and it worked smoothly I'm pretty sure it's the graphics card ! 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Moaz

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that when using a refresh rate of 75Hz and playing a video from Amazon* Video or Netflix* the external display's screen (Phillips) goes black. Is this correct?

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Just to make sure, what is the exact video resolution that you are trying to achieve? Is it 2560x1440 (QHD)?

2- Did this configuration (laptop + display + video resolution) work fine before? If yes, was there any change related to the point where the issue started? For instance hardware or software changes? (Windows, Drivers, or Software updates?)

3- Are you using a straight-through connection (e.g. HDMI-to-HDMI or DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort*?) with a single cable? Or are you using any type of video adapters, converters, or dockings? Please provide details.

4- If using HDMI, is your laptop equipped with HDMI 1.4 or HDMI® 2.0? We checked the laptop website for ASUS* Vivobook X556UQK (overview, specifications, and user's manual section) and we couldn't find details regarding the HDMI® standard of the HDMI® port, which will have an impact on the bandwidth available for transmitting (video) data.

5- For reference purposes, what is the system brand and model, processor, and graphics driver version of the other computer where you tested the display and it worked fine? Also, what type of cables and video ports did you use on that other computer?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

Moaz
Novice

hey thanks for helping !!! 

1- yah I'm trying to achieve 2560*1440 - 75hz ( it works fine with 60hz and works fine with 75hz without steaming protected content amazon , Netflix or even Spotify ) 

2-  it never worked fine since day 1 ( i mean with 75hz streaming stuff i always have to toggle to 60hz )

3- i'm using HDMI to HDMI  

4- i think i have hdmi 1.4 coz i have intel i5 7th gen .

5- i used two laptops 

- another asus with intel grafix uhd 620 and it did'nt work just like mine 

- i used a macbook pro and it worked just fine with 75hz 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Moaz

Thank you for your response. Please allow us to check this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as possible.

In the meantime, could you please let us know if you were using an HDMI® 2.0 or Thunderbolt* USB Type-C* port on the Macbook Pro*?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Moaz
Novice

aye sup ! 

we used  Thunderbolt* USB Type-C* port

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Moaz

Thank you for the clarification. This also helps us to confirm what seems to be the issue here.

After checking this further, our conclusion is that this seems to be related to a video bandwidth limitation, but here are more details:

1- Setting 2560x1440 @ 75Hz is possible over HDMI 1.4 as confirmed for example by you being able to set the said resolution; however, when we account for HDCP* data it may be pushing the remaining bandwidth percentage that is reserved for overhead resulting in either a) HDCP data not transferred or b) HDCP data transferred but overloading the available bandwidth. Either a or b paths result in a black screen since HDCP data can't be confirmed.

2- Just to be sure the driver is working as expected on refresh rates higher than 60hz we went ahead and tested with 2560x1440 at 85Hz and 144Hz and both worked fine, Netflix* and Amazon* Prime content were visible. However, we had to use USB-C to DisplayPort* (DP) since the monitor was limited to HDMI 1.4 (driving the previous point to validity)

Lab video is available at this link: https://youtu.be/w39rk-2bzFg

This is consistent with the fact that in the other computer where it works for your (Macbook* Pro) you were using Thunderbolt* USB-C.

The best recommendation we can provide at this point is to try using DisplayPort 1.2 or Thunderbolt* 3 as they can support higher bandwidth.

We hope that this clarifies your concerns.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Moaz
Novice

hey thanks for the help @AndrewG_Intel 

but i still have a question? 

why then when I scale down the resolution to 720p with 75hz still goes out ! 

I mean it works fine on 1440p with 75hz with every thing like YouTube or normal use like office . 

but only with protected content it goes off . 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Moaz

Thank you for your response.

Regarding your inquiry, since we have tested and confirmed the driver is working as expected on refresh rates higher than 60Hz, the issue that you are describing could be due to a different root cause. In this case, our recommendation is to check this further with the laptop manufacturer (OEM) to review additional settings that might be missing, details about any specific limitation defined/set by the OEM, or even compatibility problems.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Moaz

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos