Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

intel 620 is using only 1gb of my 8gb shared memory on 100%

idata
Employee

Hey,

I have a question.

I have Dell 7480 i5-7300u 16gb and shared memory is 8gb, but at 100% it only uses 0.7-0.8gb shared ram. Why all my shared rams are not used and maybe it is possible to make it use all of the shared rams?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello samuolis,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the shared memory usage of your Dell 7480 i5-7300u; it will be more than a pleasure to assist you.

Depending on the graphics controller and its drivers, the readings can change on the dynamic feature that reads your GPU memory.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey,

Thanks for assist. This is txt file.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello samuolis

Thank you for your response.

I really appreciate all the information provided through the report that you attached.

While taking a look to it, I was able to notice that driver-wise, your machine is totally up to date, so all the readings about the GPU shared memory are totally fine.

As well I noticed that you are using Windows*10 which works along with the Intel® UHD Graphics 620, meaning that the shared memory of your system (16GB) will be Limited by OS to one-half of System Memory (8GB).

In this case the system displays only 0.7 MB of usage, which is the only memory required to display your OS, and the Task Manager.

This feature is dynamically allocated to balance the needs of the operating system and all running applications, so the more you apps you run, the more memory you use.

You can test it by running a demanding app or a video and simultaneously keeping an eye on the task manager.

In some cases you can adjust the actual memory usage into a "maximum state" but that will be a setting that will be handled through the BIOS of your machine, keep in mind that some OEMs block or remove this setting, for more information about it please contact the computer manufacturer so they can provide you with all the required settings in order to adjust it.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey,

Thanks for that answer i tried many video demanding apps, but all apps just using 1.0 or 1.1gb of shared memory as in the picture above in my post. I cant manage to increase usage, but i want to use full power of 620 gpu. Maybe it is one more solution for this?

Thanks,

Lukas

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello samuolis,

Tank you for your response.

In this case the fact that even with demanding apps the shared memory usage does not increase that much is actually a good sign.

As specified before, in order to modify any type of values from the processor's features, you will need to contact directly your OEM.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards.

Diego S.
0 Kudos