Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

intel ARC A770 16gb The performance of Kart Drift Game is severe.

DanSun
New Contributor I

https://kartdrift.nexon.com/kartdrift/

intel ARC A770le 16gb

amd 5950x cpu

There are quite a few problems with Kart Drift Game, such as slow game speed and delay in loading process.
The game uses Unreal Engine, but it has a very serious performance degradation compared to GeForce and Radeon.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello DanSun,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ Arc communities.

We understand the issue that you are experiencing with your game, we will try our best to provide you with support to find a solution for this issue.

To start we would like to gather the following information with you:

• When did the issue / low-performance start?

• Do you have the resizable bar feature enabled?

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello @DanSun,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I just want to let you know that we have successfully replicated this issue and a bug sighting has been filed with our driver development team (I can't provide an ETA though)

Please stay tuned for upcoming driver updates as they continue to fix issues with Dx11 and Dx9 games.

Thank you for reporting this to us.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @DanSun,

We want to let you know that after investigating this issue, we have been able to implement a fix to the latest production driver, version 31.0.101.4314. Try testing this driver, and share with us the outcome.

We are considering closing this thread as the fix has been implemented in the newest driver. However, we like to know if you agree to close this thread.

Best regards.

Jean O.

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

The problem of running the game has been solved, but the shader compilation process is too slow, so the performance of the game is severely degraded. It is very difficult to play normally. I think this part should solve the problem.

The driver is the latest version 4335.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun,

We appreciate the information provided.

Share with us a video of the shader compilation issue you described in your latest post. Also, it would be ideal if you could share a screenshot of the graphics settings you are using.

As well, try checking if the performance improves by lowering the game settings, you can use a lower graphics resolution just for testing.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

There is no situation to take a video, and screenshots are meaningless. It is a problem with frame drops during the game.

Unreal Engine's shader compilation used in Kartrider Drift is produced in real-time processing.

However, processing this in real time is so degraded that it is difficult to play. Shader compilation speeds up when you play the game multiple times, but this is a very difficult problem because you have to try all the maps in the game.

This is a problem that can be confirmed immediately by playing the game, so Intel will be able to check it right away.

Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun,

Let us look into this and we will get back to you at our earliest convenience.

Best regards.

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun,

We want to inform you that we will now begin to try and replicate this issue internally. We will let you know once we have news.

Best regards.

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello DanSun,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Our priority is to target the most popular games and apps to focus our efforts on providing a high-quality, stable experience for the broadest set of users. We will continue to improve our software performance and compatibility throughout 2023 and beyond. While we can’t accommodate your request at this time, please watch this article on our website for any possible changes to this situation.

We will now proceed to close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

0 Kudos