Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

intel HD 620 on Dell Inspiron 15, 5567 with i7 7500U

MJurk
Beginner

everything worked fine, i decided to update my windows to new version,

after that when i completed all and sign in my windows accaunt, windows said that is searching display driver, when windows automaticly download and install intel hd driver my bult in screen goes completly off, and i cant do anything. i will tell you that i tried everything trough safe mode.

with dell drivers nothing same situation, from intel DSA same situation,

when i connect to my external display it is working without any smallest issue. i tried to run diagnostics on bios and in windows provided by dell, no problem found.

i can only use my laptop without intel hd driver but than i have only 64Hz refresh rate and its frustrating my laptop cant recognize built in screen with any intel driver and i know that this is not hardware issue,

screen works or not work it cant be switched off please help me,

i tried everything roll back windows 10 to 1511 version nothing changed.

thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IHare
Beginner

Same here, ever since the latest update my intel hd graphics driver doesn't recognize the laptop's own screen. It registers only external monitors (TV or desktop screen) as PC screen.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need to be talking to your laptop manufacturer. Obviously, the driver supporting this display was customized and the generic driver is having problems with it.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
MJurk
Beginner

hi,

thank you,

i think that this is only solution.

because nothing helped.

last what i will try to do is to downgrade bios of this laptop.

kind regards

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

I request you  to  rollback  driver provided  by dell or  else

Download  an install latest   intel ​graphics   25.20.100.6373  non DCH  , but it was removed from website

0 Kudos
MJurk
Beginner

thank you all for your suggestions, but nothing helped i rolled back driver several times now date of driver is 27.04.2017 but same thing again.

i disassembly my dell on all parts, looked on lcd cable, lcd connector at board, look every capacitor nothing i cant see anything, i never water damage this pc no any sign of hardware faliure.

this pc is not pushed to limit, just office work and support with team viewer.

so i dont understand what is happening.

BUT...

i figure out that when i close lid my screen is working, i will describe this as that screen is in such forced work mode without intel hd driver.

i cant change brightness i tried to search every setting, i cant

when i set in bios brightness windows doesnt care about this its half dimmed.

i tried to search for closing lid sensor but witout any luck.

problem is still there.

i thought that this is good laptop 16gb ddr4 2400Mhz, i7 7500u 256 gb ssd for all workarounder but now its wasted.

i cant every time use my external display because im doing support for IT.

kind regards

0 Kudos