Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

intel anisotropic filtering not working

kinoa
Beginner

i have a question is there anyway on how to fix anisotropic filtering not working properly on intel 4000 this problem have been here for a long time apparently lot of people are having the same issue as me and Intel still hasn't fixed this problem with anisotropic filtering here's a screen shot of what i mean.

0 Kudos
32 Replies
kinoa
Beginner

when do you think the next intel driver will come out just guest? cause we got a new graphics card

Intel launches long-delayed quad-core Broadwell CPUs and the Iris Pro 6200 GPU so i am guessing new drivers coming soon
0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I do not have an official notification for new drivers. If they are available, they are always posted at: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Intel® Download Center

Allan.

0 Kudos
kinoa
Beginner

well i am done with intel 4000 anisotropic filtering doesn't work they never fixed their issues with this graphics card i just updated they never fixed it well he was right intel will never fix their issues with intel 4000 control panel not working

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

This is a known famous Bug from Intel. AF settings from Control panel have no effect since years on directx games even after numerous reports. Some time ago they fixed it on 15.36 driver branch and newer. As far as I know 15.36.3.64.3907 is the first with working control panel AF. Ivy Bridge and older hardware can't use this driver and therefore still suffer from it.

@allan-Intel: you are the best example why Intel didn't bother fixing it for many years. Even Intel workers didn't know it or just didn't bother. I reported this bug here as well several times, so it speaks for itself that you were not aware of it. And Intel didn't bother fixing it for Ivy Bridge.

0 Kudos
kinoa
Beginner

yeah your right because intel af hasn't work since drive V9.17.10.2963.01 because i downgrade to that driver and still didn't work i don't think this is not a issue with my graphics card is a driver issue that intel hasn't fixed.

0 Kudos
kinoa
Beginner

Is there any posibilities intel can fix this bug or something

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

It never worked fully on any Ivy Bridge driver. Of course they could fix it for Ivy Bridge but since they didn't bother fixing it after they fixed Haswell I doubt Intel will change their mind suddenly.

0 Kudos
kinoa
Beginner

yeah i think your kind of right not even allan_intel try to answer my question or say there's no soluction well i kind of stuck with this graphics card for a long time unless intel fixes this issue on the next driver update which i don't know when it will come out

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I will post updates to this thread as they become available.

Allan.

0 Kudos
kinoa
Beginner

when do you think the next intel driver will come out just guest? cause we got a new graphics card

Intel launches long-delayed quad-core Broadwell CPUs and the Iris Pro 6200 GPU so i am guessing new drivers coming soon
0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I do not have an official notification for new drivers. If they are available, they are always posted at: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Intel® Download Center

Allan.

0 Kudos
kinoa
Beginner

well i am done with intel 4000 anisotropic filtering doesn't work they never fixed their issues with this graphics card i just updated they never fixed it well he was right intel will never fix their issues with intel 4000 control panel not working

0 Kudos