Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

intel graphics 4600 not sharp after windows 10 update on 3440 x 1440

MMöhr
Beginner

after windows 10 update (from october 2017, got it now) the display is not longer sharp on Samsung 21:9 curved monitor via DisplayPort (HDMI is also unsharp, but was also unsharp before update)

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello MarcusMM,

I understand that your display no longer looks sharp after a Windows* update while using Display Port.

Regarding this I would like to know what you mean with "Sharp". If possible please include screenshots. Also, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
MMöhr
Beginner

I mean the letters on the Samsung 21:9 screen is not sharp (blurry) after windows update. Screenshots will not help because you cannot see the monitor.

Attached the dxdiag output.

Regards Marcus

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MarcusMM,

Thank you for your response,

From our side everything seems to be up to date and fine. Maybe a Windows* 10 re-installation could solve the problem as it seems to be more related to the update.

Also, trying a different cable and/or different type of connection could show whether it is an issue with the graphics or the HDMI.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MarcusMM,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
MMöhr
Beginner

win 10 reinstall takes too long, HDMI is even worst, so problem still exists.

I also tried a new USB-C Dual Display Docking Station UCOUSO Type-C Hub Dock with 4K via USB-C with USB 3.0 to USB-C Adapter, this gives black screen 😞

Regards Marcus

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MarcusMM,

Up to this point, from our side the troubleshooting has been performed. I would strongly recommend to contact the manufacturer of the system so they can tell you whether it is a hardware issue because we have tried software-wise the troubleshooting.

Perhaps trying with an older graphics driver could help with the blurriness but if not then it is recommended to contact them for support, you can try by rolling back the driver to this version:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26682/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26682/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496

Please download the ".zip" file and then follow these steps:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

If this does not change the problem then please get in contact with the manufacturer of the system for further help.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
MMöhr
Beginner

I have done this, no change. I now made a screenshot.

I think Microsoft destroyed it, they don't know how to handle 4K-notebooks.

Manufacturer of the notebook says also Microsoft ist guilty.

I now ordered a second dock with DisplayPort and will test if it arrives (again 200 Euros).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MarcusMM,

I understand, please let us know the outcome once you use the dock.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
MMöhr
Beginner

Hello

Dock installed, USB etc is working, but Monitor via DisplayLink-Dock (with Driver) and DisplayPort Cable is more worst, so switched back DisplayPort Connection directly to notebook.

It seems thas Microsoft completely destroyed their drivers with their update (Oct 2017). It seems that it only applies to 4K notebooks.

I will give up now.

0 Kudos