Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

intel iris plus graphics works with freezes and lags

oG_men
Beginner

Greetings!

Help solve the problem, in the process of working, the mouse cursor freezes, lags behind, fails, leaves traces (that is, several ruxers) on the display. When windows are rotated, some of these windows remain (stripes), if you click the refresh button or hover over the hung parts with the mouse, they disappear.

I reinstalled the window, it costs 11 official, only what was installed with the window is installed on the laptop. I updated the drivers to the latest ones, rolled back to the previous ones, the laptop is almost new, not dusty, the thermal paste is fresh, the system does not overheat.

I noticed that when the monitor is connected via an HDMI cable, there are freezes on the laptop screen, but not on the monitor. If you disable the video adapter in the device manager, the freezes disappear! The laptop is stable.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
oG_men
Beginner

I am attaching a file with ssu

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello oG_men

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you experiencing freezes and shadowing issues on your system with Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics. Please let's try the following:

• Go to your laptop's manufacturer's website , download, and update your BIOS to the latest version. The latest version seems to be DHCN36WW. Contact the system's manufacturer in case you need further instructions to do the update.
  • Uninstall the current driver version 30.0.101.2115 from the system and try the latest driver recommended by your manufacturer version 27.20.100.9316
  • If the issue persists, uninstall the driver version 27.20.100.9316 using Display Driver Uninstaller. Once uninstalled reinstall the latest generic version of the driver 30.0.101.2115.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
oG_men
Beginner

Hello, Hugo_Intel!

Thank you so much for your advice, it's definitely helpful for me. I will definitely try to do what you said and report the result. However, I note that I already tried to install a new BIOS version and this led to the fact that the laptop stopped waking up with a USB mouse connected! And if I go into BIOS without a connected mouse, everything works fine, but as soon as I plug it in (while in BIOS), the system completely freezes. I had to roll back the BIOS to the previous version, since there are no such problems with it. I also note that the system itself offers me to install the driver 30.0.101.2115 every day! But in the morning the driver automatically rolls back to version 27.20.100.9316, I don’t understand why this happens (screenshots below). I apologize if I made any mistakes somewhere.

0 Kudos
oG_men
Beginner

Hello, Hugo_Intel!

I followed all your recommendations, removed the current version of the driver 30.0.101.2115 and installed 27.20.100.9316, installed BIOS DHCN36WW and it did not help. Next, I removed driver 27.20.100.9316 using "remove display driver" and installed driver 30.0.101.2115. No results : (

Also, as I wrote earlier, the laptop stopped starting with a USB mouse, without a wired one. The freezes continue with the video adapter turned on, more precisely with the installed drivers from Lenovo or Intel. At the moment I use the Basic video adapter (Microsoft) and I don’t see any problems with work Can you suggest something else?Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello oG_men

Thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps and letting us know the results. I will check this issue internally in order to provide you with the next steps. I will post back once I have an update for you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello oG_men

We appreciate your patience. After checking and reviewing this thread, the next best step would be that you contact your system's manufacturer for further system inspection since the issue does not happen on external monitors the issue might be related to the laptop's hardware.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello oG_men

Since there are no more questions, We will proceed to close this thread. In case you have further questions, please open a new topic as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos