Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

latest intel graphics driver performance is dropping (i3 7020U)

Fernan
Beginner

why if i open the game on intel graphics version 30.0.100.9955 maximized the cpu will decrease, while if it is minimized it will increase. but if I use the previous version it can run smoothly. actually can use the highest version or not?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Roland_87
New Contributor I

This is actually very difficult to explain why. What kind of game are you running? You may need to check the graphics settings of the game. If your Graphics card gets overloaded, the CPU needs to wait. So if you have opened the game with extreme high graphics settings, your CPU will have less tasks to process. This may be the explaination.

0 Kudos
Fernan
Beginner

I'm running genshin impact (i'm running on my custom graphic quality). i can run it on default version (26.20.100.7870). i can get it up to 30-40 fps on default version, but if i updating to version 30.0.100.9955 some game like genshin impact, cpu will have less tasks to process (for some games it runs as usual) it gets 1fps

0 Kudos
Fernan
Beginner

this is the intel graphic version 30.0.100.9955 test

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Fernan

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Just to make sure we understand correctly, the issue is only happening with the latest driver 30.0.100.9955 with the window maximized (Full-screen mode), but if you use the same driver 30.0.100.9955 with the window minimized (Windowed mode) it will work fine. Is this correct?

2- Is driver version 26.20.100.7870 the latest customized driver provided by your computer manufacturer (OEM)? If it is not, do you know if the behavior also occurs using the customized graphics driver provided by your OEM?

3- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Fernan
Beginner

Everything is correct, this is the result of intel ssu

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Fernan

Thank you for your response and for the Intel® SSU report.

Please allow us to review this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Fernan

In regards to this behavior, Intel has only validated and tested the game Genshin Impact on Intel Iris Xe graphics (i.e. the graphics controller found on laptops with 11th generation Intel processors) and starting with driver 27.20.100.8783 or newer. 

Refer to the game developer's official FAQ for useful advice and tips.

For these scenarios, we may recommend trying Intel's latest DCH generic driver available on Download Center, but since you have already tried that and the issue persists try lowering the graphics settings.

We suggest keeping your drivers up to date and checking each driver's Release Notes for news on game improvements.

Our final recommendation is to verify details and recommendations with the game developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Fernan

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos