Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

low fps on valorant with iris plus graphics i51035g4

candyalv
Novice
The game in January ran me at 80 fps but then it started to have 1 fps dips for every skill or weapon in the game. I tried updating everything, I tried everything and it still works the same
0 Kudos
1 Solution
candyalv
Novice

I have good news, I installed the version you told me but it was a job that cost. First uninstalling the graphics until reaching the microsoft basics took too long, and when I was finally able to restart and install the intel from lenovo, a version was installed that when I tried to play it was still the same. But I gave him to uninstall thinking that he would return to the basics and he gave me a much older version than the one he had put, and I tried that and it worked, it is fluid. Step capture of the one I installed, but I still think that one day they will not work but in the meantime I will take advantage.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

candyalv, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was this same computer working fine before with Valorant?

The problem only happens with Valorant or with other games as well?

What is the name of those games?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
candyalv
Novice

Hello, the motherboard is MB L81W6 WIN I51035G4_UMA_4G. The laptop is lenovo S145-14IIL (ideapad) - 81W6. Serial number PF1C4KVD.
I bought it 11, 12 months ago. I tested the first time in July and it was good, smooth fps. Then in October I started with this problem but in an update it was fixed. Then in November the same thing again but in December and January it was good again after updating bios, drivers etc. But in March and until now (already 5 months) it started to walk like this again and this time no matter what I touched I did not get the value to go fluid. The problem only happens with Valorant. Fornite does not run well but it is not something that I play. The problem happens at home, and the windows version is 20h2 (SO 19042.1081)I am attaching a video that I recorded of the game to demonstrate what happens. For every new weapon or new ability I shoot, the fps drops to 1. Once I drop all the skills, the game is fluid. I already dealt with the problem with the support of Valorant for months, and they can no longer do anything. The game is in windowed mode to be able to record it, I usually put it full screen and low graphics, I also tried the gameplayintel configuration

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

candyalv, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

According to the information showing in the SSU report, the graphics driver currently installed in your system is version 27.20.100.9466.

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform. 

I looked in Lenovo's website and the latest graphics driver they have available is version, 26.20.100.7870_WHQL, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below, that should be the proper graphics driver for your system tested and validated by Lenovo:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-s-series-netbooks/s145-14iil/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Graphics%20Processing%20Units%20%28GPU%29%20and%20Server-AI%20Accelerators

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

If the problem persists, then we can try a clean installation this time of Intel® Graphics driver version 30.0.100.9684:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30579/Intel-Graphics-Windows-DCH-Drivers

We also advise to get in contact directly with Lenovo to confirm that the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your computer or to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
candyalv
Novice

I have good news, I installed the version you told me but it was a job that cost. First uninstalling the graphics until reaching the microsoft basics took too long, and when I was finally able to restart and install the intel from lenovo, a version was installed that when I tried to play it was still the same. But I gave him to uninstall thinking that he would return to the basics and he gave me a much older version than the one he had put, and I tried that and it worked, it is fluid. Step capture of the one I installed, but I still think that one day they will not work but in the meantime I will take advantage.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi candyalv, Thank you very much for sharing those results and the picture.

Perfect, excellent, those are really good news indeed and it is great to hear that after doing a clean installation of the graphics driver the game Valorant is now running accurately with the proper FPS.

"but I still think that one day they will not work but in the meantime I will take advantage.", Hopefully, that will not be the case and the game will continue to work with no problems, still, as you mentioned, take all the advantage that you can out of it and play it as much as you can.

Thank you very much as well for sharing the solution in the Intel® forums, we are sure it will be really useful and helpful for all the peers viewing this thread.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos