Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

my intel hd4000 doesn´t output 5.1 audio via HDMI

aramo10
Novice

My pc is a dell inspiron 14r (3450p), when I connect my home theater (sony bdv-e280) to my laptop through the HDMI interface on my HD4000 graphics windows only enables stereo audio and I can´t change this. I´ve tried every available driver on the internet, updated the drivers for the graphics card and still doesn´t work. Here are some prints:

some information are in portuguese.

I´ve seen many people with similar problem but updating the drivers hasn´t worked for me as it worked with them.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
aramo10
Novice

I forgot to mention how I connect my hardware. laptop>hdmi>home theater>hdmi>tv

the sony has two inputs (hdmi) and one out so I just need 2 hdmi cables for the whole sistem.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello alecim96,

Note that the HDMI has two channels. In one channel it will transmit Video and the other one will transmit Audio.

Based on your description, you need to use an AV receiver. This device will split the audio and video when using the HDMI for the proper functionality in your system.

0 Kudos
aramo10
Novice

I have had my PS3 also connected and have been able to play surround (same way: PS3>hdmi>HT>hdmi>TV) so I don't think it is because of the equipment. Many graphics have options to manage the audio but the intel doesn't, it is a huge flaw since this component is incapable of successfully recognize the 5.1 functionality in my home theater and doesn't let anything change the options.

0 Kudos
NThak5
Beginner

Hello Aramo 10 , I am facing the same problem, did you get the solution?

0 Kudos