Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

no ycbcr output

JSuni2
Beginner

Hi. I'm trying to get a NUC7i5BNK to output ycbcr in order to get HDR with 4:2:0 10-bit over HDMI 2.0. Toggling the switch in the Intel Graphics Command Center has no effect.

All drivers, bios and hdmi-firmware are up to date.

All cables are fine and work if connevted to a pc with Nvidia GPU.

I tried several other NUCs with no luck.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JSuni2, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

You mentioned that the drivers and BIOS are up to date, just to make sure, the latest BIOS version for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i5BNK is 0080, is that the BIOS version currently installed in the Intel® NUC:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28990/BIOS-Update-BNKBL357-86A-?product=95061

The latest Intel® Graphics driver version for the Intel® NUC is 24.20.100.6286, please test that driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28208/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-NUC7i3BN-NUC7i5BN-NUC7i7BN?product=95061

Since the Intel® NUC works with Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 640, we can also test Intel® Graphics driver version 26.20.100.7158:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29058/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=98911

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JSuni2
Beginner

Hi Alberto

Yes, BIOS is the most current one.

I tried the drivers you mentionend, several others aswell.

I also tried reinstalling windows. As this issue occurs with all NUCs that i've tested, i'm assuming that it's a driver/intel graphics issue.

I was able to force ycbcr-output using the 3rd party custom resolution utility. Sadly, after doing so, Windows 10 isn't able to switch on hdr anymore.

The screens i've tried it on are a Sony 75ZD9 and an LG OLED 65E8.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JSuni2, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
JSuni2
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello JSuni2, I just received an update on this matter.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience, we are still doing further research about this topic, thank you very much for your patience.

By any chance do you have the option to record a video showing exactly what are you trying to accomplish?

How are you confirming that the display is sending the wrong video output? The reason for these questions is that we will try to replicate this scenario in our Intel® Lab, so we just wanted to gather as many details as we can.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello JSuni2, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JSuni2, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
JSuni2
Beginner
0 Kudos
JSuni2
Beginner

Hi Alberto

As you can see ive switched to a different pc with an nvidia graphics card. When i use the NUC, there's no way of getting it to output ycbcr. I use the Windows 10 Advanced display settings to confirm the color format. With the nuc, no matter what setting i change, the output stays on rgb. Should be pretty easy to replicate.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi JSuni2, Thank you very much for clarifying that information.

I tried to replicate the issue is our Intel® lab, I used Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i5BEK with Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 655, along with ASUS VE278- Q and LG 27UK650-W monitors and I got the same results, no YCbCr output.

I also tested those same monitors with a Dell XPS 15 laptop and the results are the same.

So we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos