Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

"Schemes" will not work / can't work

idata
Employee

I am at my wit's end, and I am so frustrated. I truly hope someone can help me.

I recently built a new system starting from a Shuttle G31 barebones with on-board Intel GMA 3100. My issue is that I want to be able to change screen brightness quickly without physically pressing the buttons on my monitor (and going through all the menus, etc). I frequently need to lower brightness when I'm working in a dark room.

I am familiar with how to open up the "Graphics Properties" which gives me the Intel display controls. Within this control panel, I can use this software to tweak various aspects of the display, including brightness levels. Then I see that there is an option to create "Schemes." Great!! I create a "normal" scheme and a "dim" scheme.

But for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to change the characteristics of the scheme. There is no way to do this. I've tried everything. I've tried changing the brightness in the control panel, then creating a new scheme and saving. I've tried applying a saved scheme, then changing brightness, then saving the scheme. The odd thing is that the "save your scheme" window is separate and distinct from the actual display properties. So, if the scheme winodw is open, I cannot change the brightness.

In the end, no matter what I do, when I apply my new scheme, it just keeps all the display properties exactly the same. There is no difference.

Please help. I am having migraines over this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Can somebody, anybody, tell me why???

The following is a link to Intel's help page with respect to using Schemes. It is only marginally helpful because it only tells you how to access the Schemes. But my issue is that it does not tell you how to change the characteristics of the Schemes that one creates.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022921.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022921.htm

I mean, seriously. Does it have to be this hard? It is really this counter-intuitive? Or am I being dense?