Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

"Uploading GL Textures"

CNobe
Beginner

Tech Stuff:

Computer is from Acer : Aspire XC-605

HD Graphics 4600 Pilot Version 10.18.15.4248

Windows 8.1 changed to Windows 10 64 Bits

OpenGL Version 4.3

There... so, here's the story:

I've been playing Minecraft Modded for quite a while now with no problems at all on Win8.1 with no problems. Rolls in the update to Win10 that i install right away without updating the graphs. Still no problems untill recently where the "Windows 8 Graphics" crashed and recovered on me quite a few times. So, Install stuff thinking it was the Win 10 drivers but there were still crashes with win 8 Drivers. so i end up asking someone from intel chat to help me (Great guy ^^ ) so, all graphics are fixed. But now, with the latest drivers for Win10 that i had to download from Acer, I have another problem going. Every time i start up my Modded minecraft, there's a problem.

Namely, Everytime the screen shows "Uploading GL textures", the screen slows down to a near halt for, let's say 30 seconds each time. So, it continues to load the game up and when it finally opens up, My graphics are looking like they are running at 1 frame per minute.

So, i obviously tried what i could to fix it. Uninstalling the game's launcher, reinstalling it, uninstalling Java and reinstalling them, asked and tried what little i could find on their forum. Nothing worked. During my research, i fell on a few people saying that it's related to Win10 having disabled the intel processor to process GL Texture or something simillar. I went to the Acer Website to try to talk to someone that might have an answer... and because my computer is not under guarantee anymore, i couldn't talk with anyone.

Here i am, still trying to find what is wrong and how to fix it. I wanna play my Minecraft TT.TT

Anyone knows how to eneable Processing GL textures on Windows 10?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Terminera,

Does the issue persists with the latest version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]?

For further reference http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-033757.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Graphics APIs and Features and http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-030506.htm Graphics Drivers — How to Access OpenGL* and DirectX* 3D Graphic Settings.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
CNobe
Beginner

Hi Amy!

One of the problems with my computer is that i must wait for ACER to make an update to their drivers as they use their specific settings for all computers.Last 3 times i tried to update it directly from ACER, it was a seizure inducing mess.

As for the "How to access OpenGL and DirectX 3D", i have the Intel HD Graphics Controller. I did find that page during my research but, at the time, didn't work. Can't remember why as it's been a few months. On a side note, never found the "Supported Graphics APIs and Features" Link while i was doing research...

Also, in the meantime, i bought and installed a different Graphic card, even though it's less powerfull. so i'm not exactly sure if i can even update the natural drivers.

Thanks a lot though! I appreciate it!

Terminera

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

You're welcome.

I'm glad that to hear that you were able find workaround while you wait for the new driver. If you need further assistance let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos