Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

resolution of 3840x2160 at 60p does not work with HD 4600

Aurelien
Beginner

Hi,

I just bought a HP Prodesk G1 DM with HD graphics 4600, but I cannot have a 3840x2160 60hz, but only 30 maximum.

DP/DP cable with AOC 2777 screen

Windows 10 pro

driver 20.19.15.5126 from 21/11/2020

It is the same driver that my Fujitsu Esprimo with hd4600 too and it works on the Fujitsu

Someone can help me?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Aurelien,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Do you use the same cable/connection DP to DP with the Fujitsu?

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

With the external display connected, provide the Intel* Graphics Command Center report:

>Go to the Intel Graphics Command Center

>Support

>System Diagnostic

>Generate report.

>Attach the report file.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Aurelien
Beginner

Hi Maria,

For sure I used the same cable and screen. Moreover I have just tested with a mini Dell computer (with HD graphics 530) and I have the 3840x2160 @ 60hz resolution available and it works.

Here you have the reports.

I didn't understand the second tip: ’Intel Graphics Command Center, I didn't find this, only the options and assistance of the graphics panel

I Hope it can help

Thanks

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel Graphics Command Center (IGCC) is the new app for configuring the operation of the iGFX engine when DCH-architected drivers are used. It is automatically downloaded from the MS App Store and should appear in the Windows Start Menu. The old Intel Graphics Control Panel (IGCP), which was invoked from the Context Menu, has been EOLed.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Aurelien
Beginner

I have downloaded the IGCC but I cannot have the report, see attached picture

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

As I said, IGCC is for graphics drivers that are DCH-architected. The drivers for your graphics adapter are NOT DCH-architected, so you should use the old Intel Graphics Control Panel app, which you can invoke from the right-click context menu.

Also from the right-click context menu, you can use the Display Settings shortcut to get to the appropriate Settings scene. You can also bring up Settings directly from the Start Menu and then browse to System and then Display.

Once you are in the Display Settings scene, click on the Advanced display settings link and then check if the 60Hz entry is available in the Refresh Rate field. I have seen situations where it defaults to 30Hz when connecting the monitor but can be advanced to 60Hz after the fact.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Aurelien
Beginner

No, 60hz is not available, it is the first thing I made...the maximum rate is 30hz

0 Kudos
Aurelien
Beginner

No, 60hz is not available, it is the first thing I made...the maximum rate is 30hz

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am not sure of the answer. In my testing today, a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter that supports 4K@60Hz when plugged into 6th gen NUCs, but will only support 4K@30Hz when plugged into 4th and 5th gen NUCs. The specs for the DisplayPort port are identical in the processor specs of all three processor generations.

Intel Customer Support will need to step in here and investigate why this is the case.

...S

@Maria_R_Intel@Sebastian_M_Intel@Alberto_Sykes@Ronny_G_Intel, someone please own it.

0 Kudos
Aurelien
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Aurelien,

We noticed that you have contacted Intel® Customer Support directly regarding the same issue here described and we found out that you have an internal support case open. In this case, we will proceed to close this thread to avoid duplication of effort and the support will continue through the internal case.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos