Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

screen flickering windows 10

JJuar2
Beginner

Hello,

I have the flickering screen in Windows 10 and I already updated the graphic controller to the newest version but this didn't help, the problem stops when I uninstall the Intel controller and the laptop continue using the basic Windows graphic controller.

My laptop and controller information is in the attached file in text format, please check it and let me know, because I tried reinstalling Windows 10 but now the problem is worst.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello jcjuarezmon,

I understand the built-in display of the laptop is flickering. I will be more than glad to assist you with this issue.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please reply to this email attaching the .txt file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Does the issue happen when you are doing something in specific in the computer?

When did the issue start happening?

Was there any type of hardware or software change before the issue started happening?

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
JJuar2
Beginner

Hello Fred,

I already replied to your email, but I got an error message from Yahoo saying they were unable to deliver the email to you, so I'm answering you by this way:

HI really appreciate your support.

I will try to inform you about my specific situation:

• The Windows 10 update was done since few months ago, maybe October 2017 and after that everything was fine, I didn't have the flickering screen problem.
  • We didn't install any strange software because is my daughter computer, she only installed and math application and also the iTunes and a programming software asked in the university.
  • The problems starts in one common day and it is all the time, I mean since you need to input the Windows password, the screen starts flicking and doesn´t stop until you unistall the Intel HD graphic controller and the Windows is working with the Windows basic screen controller.
  • My daughter didn't inform me when this exactly started but now is very uncomfortable for her when she is working with Excel files. I also restarted the Windows 10 yesterday to the factory state thinking this will solve the problem, but since the re installation was done, I mean in the waiting screens that are informing you about the process status in %, the screen was flickering and it didn't work, because now I have to reinstall the Office, documents, etc, and the problems is there.

I hope I can explain well because my English is not so good. Attached you can find the .txt file generated by Intel tool but this is in Spanish.

Let me know if you need something else and thank you very much.

Regards,

Jorge

0 Kudos
JJuar2
Beginner

Hello Fred,

I forgot inform you that I already tried with different controller versions and the problem didn't solve. I tried with the next versions:

• 20.19.15.4531 installed by Windows update option
  • 20.19.15.4509 an older version that previous
  • 20.19.15.4963 the newest version in the Intel web site for the laptop Inter processor Intel Celeron N3060 @ 1.60 GHz

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jorge

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jcjuarezmon,

Thanks for the additional information you sent to me.

Have you tried installing latest graphics driver the computer manufacturer provides on their website? If the issue happens even with the graphics driver they provide then the issue might be hardware related.

Have you tried connecting an external display to the laptop? If the issue does not happen on an external display then the issue might be related to the built-in display of the laptop.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
JJuar2
Beginner

Hello Fred,

As you can see in the previous message I sent you, I already tried with the newest control version installed from the Intel web site as the newest version for the laptop processor.

I didn't try with and external monitor, but I will do it but honestly I don't think is a problem with the built-in display of the laptop, because the problem stops immediately after I uninstall the Intel graphics driver and starts again, later Windows update install again the Inter driver.

I will update the driver and will make the test with the external monitor and will inform you.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jorge

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jcjuarezmon,

Thanks for the additional information you sent to me.

As soon as you can test the external monitor and let me know the behavior of the computer. Update this thread at your convenience.

If possible test the external monitor in Clone Mode, Extended Desktop and Single Display.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jcjuarezmon,

I was wondering if still need assistance regarding the flickering issue you were having in your computer. In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos