Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20657 Discussions

screen stuck 165 hz

Ysrex
Beginner

hello i am using lenovo legion 5 laptop 

rtx3050 ti and intel i5-11th 

While I can change my RTX graphics card to 165 Hz and 60 Hz, unfortunately Intel does not have these options and I have tried almost everything, please help, 165 Hz consumes too much battery. In these photos, RTX is disabled, Intel is on and as you can see there is no option and the driver is up to date, I have been having this problem since the day I bought it.Ekran görüntüsü 2023-10-17 203009.pngEkran görüntüsü 2023-10-17 203052.pngEkran görüntüsü 2023-10-17 203141.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ysrex,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues setting a different refresh rate using the Intel graphics, it will be my pleasure to assist you with this matter.

To be able to continue, I will need the following:

1. Were you able to set a different frequency before while only using the Intel graphics?

2. Did you make any changes in the BIOS recently? Did you make any software or hardware changes recently?

3. Have you checked this behavior with Lenovo to confirm if there are any restrictions placed by them?

4. Run and attach the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Ysrex
Beginner

hello Am I sending this file to you now? What should I do?

hello 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ysrex, 

Thanks for your response. Based on your report, I would like you to update the following and confirm some details:

1. Were you able to set a different frequency before while only using the Intel graphics?

2. Did you make any changes in the BIOS recently? Did you make any software or hardware changes recently?

3. Try a clean install of the Intel graphics driver:

4. Check with Lenovo for the steps to update your BIOS (current H1CN45WW)

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Ysrex
Beginner
İ update bios yesterday
Drivers are clean
I only changed one thing in the bios, the ultra quiet mode setting, I turned it on, but it was the same before I turned it on.
And no it used to be like this
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ysrex, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Based on the troubleshooting steps taken so far, this issue seems related to a laptop limitation. Intel cannot and never has been able to extend support for custom resolutions on internal driver displays due to hardware limitations.

However, I wanted to confirm if this particular behavior was related to drivers, BIOS, or (like in this case) a limitation placed by the laptop manufacturer. I recommend you get in contact with Lenovo to confirm if this is an expected behavior for your laptop model or if there is a Hardware/software issue.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos