Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21164 Discussions

screen suddenly get brighter

VitaliyLyashok
Beginner

Hi Intel, today while I was working, my screen suddenly became brighter, like a thin white veil, I'm using the Intel(R) UHD Graphics SHA-256 driver :
E61B1B84107B5B3E869E5C3DCF5B8EE25225CF548F14732AB749567CFBF9808E 
Also if you want more details my laptop is asus tuf gaming f15 fx506hcb 
here some screens from my phone to see the difference 
1 screenshot: if i click reset button for color depth or color format screen get brighter example screenshot 2

VitaliyLyashok_0-1683324361062.png

2 screenshot: as you can see here google logo on white background, png image format

VitaliyLyashok_1-1683324506291.png

3 screenshot: when i click the "restore original colors" button. my screen goes back to the state before this problem with a normal color palette example 4 screenshot

VitaliyLyashok_2-1683324596554.png

4 screenshot: it is the same image but the result is not, the problem is that this brightness of the screen is not saved and every time I turn on the laptop I see the brightness as in the screenshot number 2, also when I start some video games for example Skyrim the brightness again becomes as in the screenshot under number 2

VitaliyLyashok_3-1683324786501.png

I hope for your help, because using a laptop with such brightness is painful for the eyes
P.S. also i don`t have option for auto-brightness in Intel Graphics Command Center

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
VitaliyLyashok
Beginner
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello VitaliyLyashok,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having brightness issues with your Intel® UHD Graphics for 11th Gen Intel® Processors, I will be happy to help you.

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions: 

• Was it working before?
  • Have done any hardware or software changes?
  • Does it happen to external monitors?
  • I see you have a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU, which graphics card is the primary one?  

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VitaliyLyashok
Beginner

Hello Andres,
1. It worked before as in screenshot #4
2. No, it suddenly happened when I was writing code in visual studio code
3. I don't know because I don't have one
4. I don't know, but I think it's intel
thanks for your response

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello VitaliyLyashok,

Thank you for your response, it has been really helpful.

Please follow the steps below and let me know the results:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
VitaliyLyashok
Beginner

did not help 😞 , and I remembered that about 2 weeks ago I updated Windows 10 to 11, maybe this help somehow

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello VitaliyLyashok, 

Thank you for your answer, all the information provided has been very helpful.

Now that the drivers are up to date, please complete the steps below:

Keep me informed if the issue persists or not.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
VitaliyLyashok
Beginner
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello VitaliyLyashok,

Thank you for your response and for keeping me informed.

I will start with an investigation to provide you with the next steps, as soon I have further information I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello VitaliyLyashok,

We have been working on the investigation, please answer the question below and let me know the results:

• I understand that you do not have another monitor, but are you able to test the laptop with a TV or something similar? This is just to make sure if the issue is the laptop screen.
  • What happens if disables one of the GFX cards from the device manager? Do you see the same issue?
    • Right-click the Windows icon ---> Select device manager ---> Click the arrow next to "Display Adapters" ---> Richt-click Intel® UHD Graphics ---> Click disable device ---> Test
    • If the issue persists, Right-click the Windows icon ---> Select device manager ---> Click the arrow next to "Display Adapters" ---> Richt-click Intel® UHD Graphics ---> Click Enable device ---> Richt-click NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU ---> Click Disable device ---> Test

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
VitaliyLyashok
Beginner

Hello Andres

1. Yes i tried on the tv and the problem is still there
2. When i turned off Intel® UHD Graphics the problem went away but when i turned it on it came back, turning off the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 didn't affect the screen at all
3. Already tried the problem is still there

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello VitaliyLyashok,

Thank you for your answer and flor completing all the troubleshooting.

I will continue with the investigation to provide you with the next steps, as soon I have further information I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello VitaliyLyashok,

We have been working on the investigation, and we recommend checking with the laptop manufacturer, the issue seems to happen when both GPUs are enabled. Screen brightness and settings are handled by the manufacturer.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello VitaliyLyashok,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
VitaliyLyashok
Beginner

Hello, sorry for not answering, I was busy at work, today I updated the Intel video card driver and the problem seems to have disappeared, I will let you know if it returns, thank you for your help)

0 Kudos