Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

tigerlake UHD750, random white pixels when decoding HDR streams

georgenistor_ro
Beginner

hi Intel,

I have an Rocketlake i9-11900T with tigerlake UHD 750. The monitor is a Samsung UHD with HDR - UR 55.

The problem is with HDR streams. I get random white pixels in the image with HDR streams.

I have tried multiple players, ffmpeg based with hw and sw randering like vlc, smplayer, mpv or potplayer. I have tried also the one from Microsoft, TV, Movies video player.

All have the same problem.

I have tried the latest driver 27.20.100.9466 and also the beta one.

No change.

p.s. I have a similar setup with core i3 10100T with UHD 630, same monitor and DP 1.5m cable, and it works perfectly.

It has the same problem with the UHD BD disk played directly.

Please tell me if a sample is needed.

Could you investigate the problem or give a fix in the driver?

thanks,

George Nistor

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello georgenistor_ro,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html 

3. Is the issue recent? If so, when did it start?

4. Have you updated Windows, including optional updates?

5. Have you updated the BIOS?

6. Can you share a video of the issue?

Best regards,

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
georgenistor_ro
Beginner

hi @DeividA_Intel ,

I attach the reports.

Here is the link to the sample file.

sample mp4 file of 1:57 minutes 

The issue is happening since I built this system, from the very beginning.

Yes, I have updated the BIOS with:

Version 0904
2021/07/02 8.37 MBytes

ROG STRIX B560-I GAMING WIFI BIOS 0904

George

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello georgenistor_ro,  

Thanks for the reports and the video, I do appreciate it.

However, in order to continue I would like to confirm some information:

1. Does the issue persist with Asus drivers?

- https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b560-i-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_download

2. Have you tried with a different monitor/TV?

3. Did you use the same motherboard (ASUS ROG STRIX B560-I GAMING WIFI) with the second setup mentioned (i3 10100T with UHD 630)? If not, what is the model of the second motherboard?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
georgenistor_ro
Beginner

Hi @DeividA_Intel ,

1. Yes the problem persist with Asus drivers.

2. No. I cannot do it. The Samsung UR55 is the only HDR monitor I have.

3. The one with i3-10100T is a completely different PC. It is build with a Asus ROG Strix H470-I Gaming motherboard and Patriot Viper 3200 memory. 

But I have put this PC, from step 3, with the same Samsung monitor and DP 1.5m cable and I do not have the issue.

The only thing different from the 2 setups is the Asus mb and the Intel 10th gen core I3 cpu.

I used the same Windows 20H1 updated and the drivers 27.20.100.9466, same software as players sw decoding and hw decoding (GPU).

That's why I think it is an issue with the GPU drivers on 11gen RocketLake cpus.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello georgenistor_ro, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello georgenistor_ro, 

In order to continue further, I will appreciate it if you can provide the following:

1. We were no able to reproduce the video sent, can you send a new one in another format maybe?

2. Steps to replicate the issue, this is to make sure that we are following your steps to have the same results.

Regards,   

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
georgenistor_ro
Beginner

Hi @DeividA_Intel ,

would be OK to make a screen capture with the driver details- device manager, task manager and a 

player, all these done with the capture from intel control panel.

Otherwise I'm afraid, I think I cannot help more on the issue.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello georgenistor_ro, 

What you propose is a very good idea and I will really appreciate it. Actually, you can even use your phone to take a video of the issue, that would be fine too.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello georgenistor_ro, 

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello georgenistor_ro, 

I would like to let you know that the i9-11900T is compatible with HDR technology, so we can discard an issue with the driver since both systems are compatible with the latest Intel drivers. My last recommendation would be to check with the motherboard manufacturer for compatibility and instructions for the HDR settings.

Also, If possible, try the i9-11900T with the Asus ROG Strix H470-I and check if the issue persists (for testing purposes). If you want to know more about the HDR technology on Intel graphics, check the following link:

- https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/graphics/HDR_Intel_Graphics_TechWhitePaper.pdf

Since I have not heard back from you, I will close this inquiry, If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
CarlToribio
Novice

I am experiencing the same issue, and have posted a thread about it as well: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-11th-Gen-Graphics-4K-HDR-video-playback-glitches-white/m-p/1305286#M99821

0 Kudos