Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

updating intel HD graphics 3000 on a i7-2670QM when its not on the supported list.

nerdlord
Beginner

my minecraft croaked when they updated it to support rtx. i then went to the beta and it said my driver has an update avalable, so i look on the intel webside and there are updates that support win 10/ i7 but on the list where it shows all the supported devices, mine isnt on there. should i download it? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel officially supplies no graphics drivers for Windows 10 on 2nd gen processors. There is some overlap between the 2nd gen and 3rd gen iGFX support, however, and this may be to your favor. Someone mentioned yesterday that, though there is nothing on the Intel site, there might be an updated Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver available via the Microsoft Windows Update catalog. If this is actually the case, feel free to try it (I think you have to manually download and install it yourself).

...S

View solution in original post

1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel officially supplies no graphics drivers for Windows 10 on 2nd gen processors. There is some overlap between the 2nd gen and 3rd gen iGFX support, however, and this may be to your favor. Someone mentioned yesterday that, though there is nothing on the Intel site, there might be an updated Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver available via the Microsoft Windows Update catalog. If this is actually the case, feel free to try it (I think you have to manually download and install it yourself).

...S