Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

why is my intel hd graphics card giving me issues with video playback in fullscreen.

jkeiy
Beginner

this happens with my only intel gpu and not with my nvidia or when I use Microsoft basic display adapter. it mainly occurs with Microsoft apps in fullscreen such as edge and movies and tv apps. it also got even worse with the latest driver released . so I have to use vlc and chrome because if I change to nvidia consumes my battery faster. please help, I have tried using old drivers from hp but results are the same.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

System Model: HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc129tx

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 (v1903)

gpu: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Annotation 2019-06-30 122930.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Well, you gave no real information. Try providing:

• Processor model number
  • Device/motherboard model number.
  • Operating System
  • Operating system version

And, if you are a laptop, USE ONLY THE DRIVERS FROM YOUR LAPTOP MANUFACTURER (both Intel and nvidia drivers).

Doc

0 Kudos
jkeiy
Beginner

Tried that. Using drivers from my laptop manufacturer but i get the same outcome.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have a problem with the switching between your graphics drivers. You need to make certain you are using only the drivers for both intel and nvidia from your manufacturer are used.

And, your laptop manufacturer is responsible for providing you support with your laptop. Contact HP for support.

Doc

0 Kudos