Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

xx.xx.15.4251 for Need For Speed

asale24
Beginner

0 Kudos
31 Replies
Samuel87
Beginner

Yeah, it's clear...

You know what funny is? I play with the same Laptop with game that older are and i haven't driver problem became since this week...

Maybe is a bug from development, but i have saw i'm not the only one with the same conflict.

Sure i would contact you for others news! If you need help with Chainsaws or Lumber, that's my Job 😃

Thanks Sam

0 Kudos
bscanlon94
Beginner

Hey, thanks for this step-by-step instruction. I've run into a problem; when I get to step 8 and install the new graphics driver, my computer runs through the installation, restarts, and then shows me the same window to install the driver all over again (when I keep clicking "next" or "finish" it happens on repeat.) My processor is an Intel Core i3-1005G1 @ 1.20GHz. I updated to 2OH2. Any idea what could be causing this issue? This is my first intel product and my first attempt changing a graphics driver, so I really appreciate your insight and expertise.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hhmmm, I haven't read any reports of this particular issue. What version of the driver were you attempting? CHeck if there is a newer one. If not, uninstall this one and try the next previous one.

...S

0 Kudos
bscanlon94
Beginner

the drivers I downloaded were 100.8935.exe, 100.9126.exe, and 100.9168.exe. in the device manager it looks like the display adapter is running each of these respectively when I install them, but when my computer reboots I get a window guiding me through installing them again AND the Need for Speed game still runs choppy and slow seemingly with any of the graphics drivers.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ok, odd. Let's try doing a clean install. Do the following:

1. From Device Manager, uninstall the Intel UHD Graphics XXX device, checking that you want the associated software deleted as well.
  2. Reboot.
  3. Manually install the 9168 package (should not be asked to do so).
  4. Reboot (should be requested).

Has this stopped the repeated install stuff?

...S

0 Kudos
bscanlon94
Beginner
yes! That stopped the repeated install window. This time I selected “restart computer later” rather than restarting on the spot. So now my computer is running the .9168 graphics driver, but the game still runs slow and choppy.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you checked to make sure the game is *NOT* configured to use Software Rendering (i.e., it *IS* configured for Hardware Rendering)?

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

We've addressed multiple people in this conversation -- which we shouldn't have; each of you is supposed to open your own conversation, not say 'I have the same problem' and ask for help in this conversation.

As a result of this hijacking, I realized that we never determined if the OP (@asale24) had his problem resolved. As for @bscanlon94@Samuel87 and @aryan2728, if you need any subsequent help, please open your own conversation using the Ask a Question button on the main page). I am not going to answer any subsequent questions from anyone but the OP.

Sorry, but this is the way it has to be. Nobody has the same problem - and nobody has the right to hijack someone else's conversation. The fact that you may think you have the same problem matters not. Intel tracks each customer's 'question' separately.

...S

0 Kudos
AE86
Beginner

I5, WIN 10 Lenovo t450

0 Kudos
Dennis999
Beginner

how do I download the drive

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Dennis999,

Open your own conversation to discuss your issue. Use the Post a Question button on the main page for the community.

...S

0 Kudos