Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1537 Discussions

A770 pubg fps big drop caused by smog in the final round problem

LukeYuan77
Beginner

As shown in the figure, wqhd resolution, a770 (left) and nvidia rtx3060ti (right) are compared in the same scene under the same hardware conditions. In the smoky scene of the pubg final, the fps drops from 220 to about 40 instantly. And very stuttering. I can't reproduce the same glitch right now, but I've seen the same thing happen on the bilibili video site in China.

My computer configuration is as follows:

CPU: Inter i5 13600k oc P-core 5.5Ghz E-core 4.4Ghz.
Motherboard: ASRock z690m-itx
Memory: C9BLM 4000Mhz cl18

Driver: 3.1.101.4032

Resize Bar: ON

LukeYuan77_0-1673367276631.png

I personally think it is a specific optimization problem, and I hope to get an answer.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
LukeYuan77
Beginner

Ps: It will appear in both dx11 and dx12 environments.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello LukeYuan77, 

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support for graphics. 

We are sorry to hear you experience performance problems due to some in pubg game effects . We are glad to assist.  

• What’s the frequency the problem happens to you, since you mentioned you can’t reproduce it anymore?
  • What steps did you complete as possible fixes? 

• Check game/program recommended/minimum requirements. Visit 
  • Check any game/program updates. 
  • What is the game/program Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), resolution, Vsync (on/off), Display (Fullscreen/ Windowed / Borderless Windowed)? 
  • What is the game/program Distribution Service the game ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)? 
  • If the system includes onboard graphics, try it with integrated graphics lowest configuration for testing/reproduction of the problem, does it happen? 
  • If you have an available 3rd party dedicated graphics card AMD/NVIDIA, does the problem happen as well? 
  • What is the step-by-step for reproduction purposes? 
  • Did you try other drivers? Intel® Graphics Beta Driver 31.0.101.3975 (download go to website https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/729157/intel-arc-graphics-windows-dch-driver-beta.html )

In the meantime, as I discover more about your computer problem, please download, run and reply back attaching the .txt file of the tool Intel® System Support (For download click here). steps: Open the tool>checkmark option Everything> click on scan> on dropdown Summary/detailed>next>click on Save (save the information to a file)>name it as you want> and attach it in your email reply.   

Thank you for choosing Intel. 

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello LukeYuan77, 

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support for graphics. 

We are sorry to hear you experience performance problems due to some in pubg game effects . We are glad to assist.  

What’s the frequency the problem happens to you, since you mentioned you can’t reproduce it anymore?

What steps did you complete as possible fixes? 

Check any game/program updates. 

What is the game/program Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), resolution, Vsync (on/off), Display (Fullscreen/ Windowed / Borderless Windowed)? 

What is the game/program Distribution Service the game ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)? 

If the system includes onboard graphics, try it with integrated graphics lowest configuration for testing/reproduction of the problem, does it happen? 

If you have an available 3rd party dedicated graphics card AMD/NVIDIA, does the problem happen as well? 

What is the step-by-step for reproduction purposes? 

Did you try other drivers? Intel® Graphics Beta Driver 31.0.101.3975 (download go to website https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/729157/intel-arc-graphics-windows-dch-driver-beta.html )

In the meantime, as I discover more about your computer problem, please download, run and reply back attaching the .txt file of the tool Intel® System Support (For download click here). 

steps: Open the tool>checkmark option Everything> click on scan> on dropdown Summary/detailed>next>click on Save (save the information to a file)>name it as you want> and attach it in your email reply.   

Thank you for choosing Intel. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello LukeYuan77, 

Thank you for the information, let me investigate about this. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello LukeYuan77, 

Thank you for the information, let me investigate about this. 

By chance do you have the website link (bilibili video site)?

Have you tried with different drivers?

Please try Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows ((manual step by step walkthrough click here) or checkmark the box from the downloaded .exe driver installer window)

Intel® Graphics Beta Driver 31.0.101.3975 (download go to website https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/729157/intel-arc-graphics-windows-dch-driver-beta.html )

For the problem, you may try reducing the anti-aliasing and texture quality.

Best regards,

Luis A.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello LukeYuan77, 

Thank you for the updated information.

Upon checking, I wonder if you require further assistance. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello LukeYuan77, 

Thank you for the updated information.

About pubg fps big drop caused by smog with Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics, upon checking We have not heard back from you so this thread will no longer be monitored, We have not heard back from you so this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello LukeYuan77, 

Upon investigating, I’ve got one final note to point out. Your graphical problem with the game should be fixed with the released Intel® Graphics Beta Driver version 31.0.101.4090, which you can find on the following website https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/729157/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-beta-windows.html?

Moreover, Intel regularly releases drivers for improving performance with such a popular game like PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PubG), so be on the lookout for these updates. 

It was a pleasure to assist! This thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
stocker85
Beginner

I wonder if anyone from intel care to load up the free game pubg and throw a smoke.... it is not fixed at all

0 Kudos
SkaL
Beginner
I have the same problem, also i noticed low gpu usage. We need a better driver.
0 Kudos