Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1891 Discussions

A770 "artifacts" ?

axxis278
Beginner

Hi,
for my son has a new pc with :
i5 12400F
Gigabyte B660M Gaming x (bios F21 with 4G and resizable Bar enabled)
RAM corsair 16Go 3000Mhz
Power supply 750w
Intel ARC 770 16 Go with driver version 31.0.101.4146
Windows 11 Family 22H2
Display port cable

For many games, he gets some kind of fixed artifacts (or something like). You will see on the screenshots and lot of "pixels blocks". Impacted games : Scrap mechanics, Fortnite, ARK, Amongus.
No issue with Minecraft.
I also noticed some coil whine in Fortnite and Scrap Mechanics when I'm in the game menu.
Any advice would be apreciated.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello axxis278

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry that you are experiencing graphical issues when using your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics. Please let's try the following:

• For testing purposes, please uninstall the driver using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU), once uninstall let's install an older version, you can install version 30.0.101.3959 and check if the same issue happens. Then use DDU again to uninstall the older driver and reinstall version 30.0.101.4146.
  • If possible test a different monitor or TV.
  • Try an HDMI connection instead of DisplayPort and if possible please try different cables.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
axxis278
Beginner
Thanks Hugo, I will try this tomorrow.
0 Kudos
axxis278
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

so here is what I did :

- same screen but HDMI cable ==> issue still here

- same screen but different DP cable ==> issue still here

- other screen with HDMI ==> issue still here

Before, he had a 1050Ti, no issue in any game.

I bought him the A770 for Christmas, installed with driver 30.0.101.3959, and then he has those "pixel block" on every game (he tells me "except Minecraft" but hard to say if he's right on not on this game).

In february, I replaced MB/CPU in order to have resizable bar (was not available on his old MB), and new W11 install with driver  31.0.101.4091 ==> issue still here

So today I did another fresh install of windows 11, with driver 30.0.101.4146 ==> issue still here.

Regards

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello axxis278

Thank you for the information and troubleshooting performed. We will continue checking this issue internally, I will post back once I have more information for you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
axxis278
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

here is another screenshot from CSGO, this happens only in snipper view, no other issue in the game.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello axxis278

Thank you for sharing this screenshot. We continue to investigate this issue and are trying to replicate it with no luck at the moment. While we continue with our investigation, please try updating to the latest driver version that recently came out, version 31.0.101.4255.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
axxis278
Beginner

Thanks Hugo,

I updated to 31.0.101.4255 but didn't solve the issue.

To me it doesn't look like a hardware issue, as it's not happening in all games.

Here is another screenshot from Counter Strike GO, there is no problem here, but the previous screenshot I provided of the sniper view you clearly see the problem, which is different from other games.

Anyone else has noticed you this behaviour ?

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello axxis278

Thank you for your patience. After checking and researching this issue, we believe that this might as well be a potential hardware issue considering the pattern of the artifacts as well that it seems to be the same or similar in all the games affected and we also tried to replicate this behavior with no luck. Due to this, we recommended that you contact your place of purchase in order to replace the GPU but if you are out of the warranty period with them, kindly contact us directly to explore warranty options:

U.S. and Canada: Intel Customer Support 

Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Intel Customer Support EMEA  

Asia-Pacific: Intel Customer Support APAC  

Latin America: Intel Customer Support LAR   

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
axxis278
Beginner

Hello Hugo,

strange but ok, I'll contact my reseler as I'm still under the 2 years warranty.

I'll mention this topic in my request.

Thanks for your effort trying to help me solving this issue.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello axxis278

Thank you for letting us know. In this case, since the GPU will be returned to the reseller we will be closing this thread. If you happen to experience a similar issue or any other problem with the replacement feel free to open a new topic as this thread will no longer be monitored. In case the issue is similar you can reference this thread so we can resume our investigation.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos